FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, March 12, 2012

SOME ST. PATRICK'S DAY ENCHANTMENT

Hibbs, the cub with no clue, walked through the green tangle of trees and brush. The cub was sad.

Spring was here. Winter was gone. So, too, was the Turquoise Woman -- off on one of her mysterious trips.

"Faith!," chirped a voice above him.

Hibbs looked up through the velvet cover of the leaves. He went stiff. A little man, dressed in the oddest green clothes Hibbs had ever seen.

"It's me gold yer after, isn't it?"

"I can't eat gold," frowned Hibbs. "But have you seen any blueberries?"

The small man looked shocked, then outraged. "You don't mean to be saying, you have no yearning for me gold?"

Hibbs had quite enough of this strange two-legged. "I am yearning to be alone."

Hibbs ambled off in search of berries and solitude. The leprechaun leapt from tree to tree harassing the poor cub for his lack of discernment.

The cub walked like this for some minutes when a swirl of snowflakes danced all around him, finally becoming the tall, regal Turquoise Woman.

She tweaked his wrinkling nose softly. "Did you not see that leprechaun fall out of that tree twelve paces back?"

Hibbs' face brightened. "Oh, that's wonderful!"

The Turquoise Woman frowned, "Wonderful?"

"Yes. I thought I had gone deaf!"

http://www.amazon.com/BEAR-TWO-SHADOWS-ebook/dp/B004MDLWD0
***
Victor Standish asks this:

What do you get when you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover?

A rash of good luck!
***



My very own production. Drumroll, please :

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! As is the rash of good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roland .. glad Hibbs is off quietly foraging without being pestered this week - he'll enjoy the early start to Spring.

    I'd forgotten about St Patrick's Day .. almost always do! Loved the two videos .. especially yours .. poor old Nappy .. he looks like Nelson too with one arm ..

    Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Roland,

    Great post... if you have the time, you should check out my "Got Green?" Blog O'hop!

    The Linky is open through Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Hibbs! I've missed him! I'm like Hilary - I totally forgot about SP Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy:
    I hope we all get that particular rash!

    Hilary:
    They enemies get to look alike! Nappy just is sticking his hand under his vest like in the old paintings! They theorize that he had an ulcer!

    Mark:
    I tried to find the linky but couldn't. bummer.

    Talli:
    Hibbs is glad you missed him. He missed you too! And you so close to Ireland and still forgot St. Paddy's Day!

    Hibbs thanks you, Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. All were good. Poor old Nappy.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete