FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, October 9, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me


Ironically, this is FIRE PREVENTION DAY

Since my home burned down some years back.


It is also CURIOUS EVENT DAY





Which meshes in a strange way with
COLUMBUS DAY

since when he landed in the New World,
he believed he had reached the Indies!

Hence his calling the people he met
 INDIANS
 

Another Irony.

Today is also NATIVE AMERICAN DAY

Post-Columbus diseases killed 1 to 5 million
natives in the 50 years following his landing.

Talk about
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD!


GOOD NEWS

It is also BEER AND PIZZA DAY!

While I don't drink beer
(I get into enough trouble sober)

Guess what I treated myself to today?


WHAT HOLIDAYS
SHARE YOUR BIRTHDAY?

6 comments:

  1. Well, isn't your day special?
    Happy birthday, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roland - good to see the post ... and am glad you're celebrating with a delicious pizza ... Happy Birthday with all the best moving forward - me I'm named for my saint - strange, but true! cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, you're still just a young'un! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think we are all young compared to Redwoods! :-)

      Delete