FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Art of the BOOK COVER



The first page of your book
is not your first page ...

   It's your cover



The Last Shaman remains one of my
best selling books,
and I think the cover has a lot to do with it.



Victor Standish is not far behind.

My Stetson is off to Leonora Roy
for her artistry.

And off to
Heather McCorkle
for her cover skills.




It is with the cover that the book can communicate
 a little of the style and mood of the tale inside.


Here is a bit of history of the fascinating art
of the Sci Fi Cover

IF SELF-PUBLISHED,
HOW DO YOU CRAFT
YOUR COVERS?


4 comments:

  1. Your covers have always been excellent. I prefer a detailed, created piece of art to an actual photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least to a photo of a bare chest! But publishers sometimes force those covers on authors who protest them. Thanks for the nice words about my covers, Alex. :-)

      Delete
  2. Covers are important. Often they are the first line of marketing to have a chance at impacting a potential reader.

    ReplyDelete