FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Friendship Beats SEX!



FRIENDSHIP BEATS SEX!

Yes. It surprised me, too.

I keep track of what countries visit me and what key words on Google led them to me.

SEX. DOMINATRIX. SEDUCTION.

They were all popular. 


But every day my post “WHY FRIENDSHIP?” is a magnet for visitors.
 

FRIENDSHIP.

We yearn for it,

For we are the Hollow People.

Science will tell you that. Inside an atom is a nucleus, composed of flying neutrons and protons.

The nucleus is orbited by electrons, travelling so fast, they seem to form a solid shell. In between them? Empty space.

Squeeze all the empty space out of each of our atoms, and we would be but a handful of dust.

Like an atom’s nucleus, many of us fly through life so fast, we project the illusion of solidity.

But like the atom’s nucleus, we are hollow.

Walk the streets of any large city and look into the eyes of those you pass. Slip through the veneer we put up to keep the predators at bay,

and you will see the hollowness of their spirits,

yearning for friendship, for connection with a kindred spirit.

To no longer be hollow.

That is why friendship plays such a large role in all of my novels, 


even in the last fantasy in my Silhouettes in the Key of Scream 


I said, “All in the House Eternal are my charges.  I will see to them or die.” 

Mouse chirped, “I vote for a greater margin of error.” 

I patted his small head.  “I give you leave to flee to the shadows, little friend.” 

Mouse’s eyes deepened.  

“You may not remember the time you first fed me. 

Or the time you first scooped me up into the safety of your shirt pocket. 

Or the time you waited at the crossroads for me to catch up. 

But I do, and the end of your skein of days will be mine.”
 
Have a lovely Christmas Season, my friends.

8 comments:

  1. Your Friendship was a priceless blessing, and still is.
    I wish you cheer, joy and comfort.

    While I am wishing: I wish your poetic name becomes as synonymous as JK Rowling. As intriguing as Dostoevsky, as soothing as Whitman, well known to the masses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still miss our talks and about your wish: from your lips to The Father's Ear! :-)

      Delete
  2. I too value your friendship so much. This made me think about Hibbs. For some reason. Friendship, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inger, you are a true, good friend. Hey, I wrote HOUSE OF LIFE and STARS AT MIDNIGHT just for you and D.G. ! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet and I couldn't agree more. Although, having 'sex' in your title is bound to bring all types of sexy clicks---LOL. good friendship is priceless. I also tend to focus on friendships in my stories. Merry Christmas, Roland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never hurts to have a good lure to your blog! :-) Merriest of Christmases to you, too, Lisa!

      Delete
  4. I want to be friends with you. This makes me think of Hibbs. For several reasons. Friendship.
    Obat Sipilis
    Obat Raja Singa
    Obat Kencing Nanah
    Obat Gonore

    ReplyDelete