FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, March 8, 2021

CHOOSE TO CHALLENGE_ International Women's Day

 


The theme for this year's INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY is "choose to challenge."



I avidly read Patricia Briggs' 
Mercy Thompson novels:


And Charlaine Harris' Gunny Rose series of novels:


I am just starting the 3rd Gunny Rose alternate history/science fiction novel 

where Lizbeth Rose finds herself alone in Holy Mother Russia

which was once California/Oregon without her guns yet 

and only her courage and wit to see her through to save her half-sister and the imprisoned man she loves.


I recommend both series. 

I enjoy a great story no matter the gender of its narrator. I only ask it to entertain me.

Heroines have been my protagonists in several novels:


.

For a series of stories told from the bruised hearts of brave women try A SAMPLER OF SHADOWS:


Courage, Wit, Compassion, Worth know no gender ... 

although males all through the centuries have blindly thought differently.

DID YOU KNOW?


Until 1978 women could be fired from their work for being pregnant?



The first time courts recognized sexual harassment in the workplace
was in 1977.



Not until 1974 were women able to apply for credit.



It wasn't until the mid-70's that women
could legally refuse to have sex with their husbands.



While there is much more that remains to be done.

It is good to see how far women have come
due to their efforts to advance.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Mercy Thompson novels! I hadn't hear of Harris' Gunny Rose series. I will definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete