FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

IWSG post: A DISAPPOINTMENT IS ONLY AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR RESPONSE TO IT

 

Though hardly a stranger to rejection slips, 

I received a new one today.

I wanted to use a character from

one of my short stories,

so completely rewrote it

to introduce him in my

NIGHT SEASONS

Vella Submission.


Amazon has cancelled my entire

Novella for sale,

saying they did not want

customers paying twice for what

they could get elsewhere.

I completely rewrote that story

(in a 99 cent collection)

explaining in all

new details

with

theoretical particle physics,

cosmology,

and gravitation

how Angels might fly

and how they might differently

perceive the streams of reality.


John Wayne's THE ALAMO and

Billy Bob Thornton's version

told of the same battle differently

as I did with my rewritten story.

The good news is that Amazon Vella

has me writing NIGHT SEASONS

when Covid, 2 Hurricanes,

an ice storm & a flood

had stopped me completely.


It is more than me just whining -

I wanted to warn you about using

characters you have used previously

if you plan to submit to Vella.

My YCU

(Yeomans Connected Universe)

seems to confuse Amazon.


Just wanted to caution you about

Amazon Vella.

Amazon is much bigger 

that we are.

Are you planning to write for

Amazon Vella?

10 comments:

  1. Wasn't planning on using it anyway. Really crappy deal considering it was just a previous character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can appeal their decision. Hey, it's worth a try. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about that. I haven't really been attracted to what I've heard about Vella so far. Weird that you can't use a rewritten story. Don't they have programs that show it's a different text?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think so, but I think Amazon isn't paying reviewers enough for quality control! Ouch!

      Delete
  3. Hope you go somewhere else. Amazon is like Rome, it'll outgrown its usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked and they are currently re-reviewing my two chapters in jeopardy. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  4. What a rotten piece of news that is, Roland. I'm so sorry. Of course, Amazon wields so much power that it's hard to go up against the beast. Like Joylene, I think the big A will/should outgrow what it can manage and implode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked "Pretty Please" and they are now re-reviewing my chapters in question. I had hoped that Vella would introduce me to a new group of readers. Say a prayer, will you? Best of luck with your new book!

      Delete
  5. Amazon Vella is not on my to-do list. Sorry it went badly for you. Stay strong.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked them to reconsider, and after a few days they approved my chapters. Whew! Thanks for caring. Sorry I have been absent but my 2nd vaccine shot knocked me for a loop. Have a great month!

      Delete