FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, September 17, 2015

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES


“As a breath on glass,
As witch-fires that burn,
The gods and monsters pass,
Are dust, and return."
George Sterling

Listen to Robert Rossmann narrate a portion of this 
mysterious Historical Fantasy:






***

I have come to Meilori's where the bronze ghosts of her mists sweep across the interior of the haunted jazz club like veiled women to their prayers.

In a sense, I have come home again, and I go now,

not to the rune-carved table where Samuel McCord waits in vain to see slanted jade eyes smiling at him one more time --

No, I go to the table of Robert Rossmann.

He is the distinguished voice actor who narrated DEATH IN THE HOUSE OF LIFE 

and is, even now, recording
THE STARS BLEED AT MIDNIGHT.

Robert and Emily Rossmann

But Robert is much more than a voice actor.

He has been a theater actor most of his life.  

He is a graphic designer who crafted the cover for the audio books, RETURN OF THE LAST SHAMAN & THE STARS BLEED AT MIDNIGHT.

And he had a career in 3D animation, mostly for video games.  Your pasttime was his employment!

Most of his theater experience was in the San Francisco area.  He now lives in the gold country of the Sierras.

In fact, he now helps run a theater company called Sierra Stages in Nevada City.


His Voice Over career has included video games, commercials, documentaries, audio books,

and live readings with an orchestra (PETER AND THE WOLF, SOLDIER'S TALE).

Working on THE STARS BLEED AT MIDNIGHT is an exceptional challenge even for such a professional as Robert --

due to the number of dialects, historical figures, and "otherworldly" pronuncitions.

In fact, the last is why Robert asked to see me.

I sit down and frown at his worried face.  "What's up, Robert?"

"Your way to pronounce that incantation we talked about was dead on, Roland."

"Really?  I'm glad."

"Oh, yes ... DEAD on ...

Now, tell me how to get rid of Anubis.  He's eating me out of house and home! 

Dead things are knocking on the door at all hours.  

And he's  taken to visiting my daughter and flirting with Emily!  And she's just married!"
***
Look for THE STARS BLEED AT MIDNIGHT soon to be released in audio.



NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming audio--I'll try to check it out. It certainly sounds like Robert is a multi-talented man who knows his dialects and how to tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have the talents of such a gifted man -- you're right. ;-)

      When you check it out, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. He certainly looks familiar. He has such a well modulated voice, not surprising due to his background, but very pleasant to listen to. Good luck Roland, you're lucky to have such talent working on your novels in audio version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, indeed, lucky to have such a talent as he doing my books. Isn't his vocal talents amazing?

      Delete