FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, September 28, 2015

THUS DOES LIFE REPAY



It is said that I am born of stardust and the sea ...

And that is true ... as far as it goes ... which is not nearly far enough.

For the realm of my birth is not even of your dimension whose air would be death for you to breathe.

I allow mortals to call me Meilori Shinseen, for that is as close as your vocal chords can come to my true name.

You quicksilver humans flicker and are gone like inconsequential fire-flies in the night.

I have left so many pieces of myself with each passing eon that I feel hollow inside. 

Heat caressed deserts soon become ice fields.  

Chasms fill and bristle with green forests.  

Everything seems so very transitory.

Nothing remains for long.  I am afraid to touch things now.  

They might be but smoke, and my hand will go right on through them, touching ... what?  

The God at whom you mortals now scoff .

Or would I touch the nothing that my life has become?

I look back at the long vista of my life, hinting of fire and violet -- the winds of its passing mourning the grieving skies above me. 

My blue-frosted footsteps standing out like frozen music ...

 A music which thawed when first I met my Samuel in what you foolishly call Ancient Egypt.

My sister's treachery took him from me then.  But now he is returned to me.

And I, who have given cause for icy fear to so many, now feel it myself,

 for I sense death reaching out to snatch him from me again.

Thus does Life repay those who take her too lightly.


I submitted this book to Jessica Therrien's READ & REVIEW CHALLENGE:

I have not been accepted yet, so wish me luck.  Email me for a copy of the ebook or audio book, and I will gladly send you a copy in return for an honest review.

Wish me luck.

14 comments:

  1. I submitted two of mine to Jessica's Read and Review Challenge after seeing the announcement on Alex's blog. I hope we both get added. :D

    Good luck with reviews, Roland! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you submitted to the Read and Review Challenge! Going to be a lot of great books on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yours among them. I hope you get loads of reviews. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hope this novel is accepted, Roland, as this is one of my favourite stories (and I've already reviewed it) I like the sequel too. May the gods of fortune smile upon you! Things are very challenging for me right now, but not in a writing manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life seems to be in the challenging mode for so many of my friends lately. A Buddhist monk friend was jumped by five thugs in a McDonald's recently receiving his 3rd concussion. Sigh. I will pray that life eases up on you very, very soon!

      Delete
    2. Thank You My Brother, it was God's Divine Intervention that crossed our paths, and I am forever grateful to you for that, and all you have taught me and shared as much, more than most, as much as Saints will.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I have been enriched by our friendship. May the pain of your back slowly ebb more and more, granting you easier sleep.:-)

      Delete
  4. Good luck! Hope you're accepted and get lots of five-star reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt Roland will in fact get lost of 5 star reviews, no doubt. Blessings with all of your endeavors. As I can see You are fulfilling many of Your Dreams/Goals,, and will be rewarded. Karma pays those back, who are diligent, inspiring, motivated, open minded, thoughtful/mindful, and Compassionate Care Takers, of others, from delivering blood, to writing a great entertaing story. Roland Yeomans is a true Ambassador to the Human Race. This is Roland in a nutshell.

      Delete
    2. J. H. I have been accepted but no nibbles yet, much less 5 star reviews. I hope your days go well. :-)

      Delete
  5. Robert: That would be nice! My kitten, Midnight, doesn't know about me in a nutshell -- but I get the impression he definitely considers me a nut! -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when you looked into the eyes of Hercules, like half of our GSD pack. I often saw a Soulful Spirit looking back into my eyes wit a Soul, I swore they once were humans. Imagine if Dogs could do Mankinds work, Society in this Nation would be at approx: 75%.
      Your Kitten will get to know you all too well in time. How long have you had it? Rather new 2 U?

      Delete
    2. Midnight has been my room-mate for about 2 months. He has a hard time trying to understand my weird hours as a rare blood courier. On my days off, he thinks I must be part cat since I sleep sp much!

      Delete