FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, September 3, 2015

WHY YOUR BOOK MARKETING IS FAILING

WHY?


Is it because we SELF-PROMOTE instead of 
BOOK PROMOTE?

Are we shouting constantly on Twitter
and Facebook
so that everyone has stopped listening?


Other important WHY's have to be addressed in our efforts, too:


WHY is this book different than all the other cookie-cutter knock-off's of the current hot titles?


WHY WOULD A READER BE COMPELLED TO READ YOUR BOOK?



We need to draw to us a group of like-minded individuals 

who get caught up in the answers to those questions ... 

who have those answers murmuring in their hearts.



Can you answer WHY SHOULD ANYONE BUY MY BOOK?




If not, that is why your book marketing is failing.


 
Does the WHAT MAKES YOUR TALE RIVETING

and the 

WHY A READER WOULD FEEL COMPELLED TO READ YOUR BOOK 

draw a number of like-hearted people?

 

A bare chest tells me nothing special about your book or you.
  "Oh, another 'Passion's in Fashion' book" 
I just say.

And VR Barkowski resents that it objectifies the human body.  Me, too.

 

Stephen King ages ago said:  

“It seems to me that every book – at least the ones worth reading – is about something.”

Can you hear a Hans Zimmer theme playing in the background 


as you read your climatic end chapters where mad gods dance in the night sky ...

your remaining, bruised heroes stand their ground, knowing they are going to die but it does not matter ...

for they will die together, taking the Dark Ones down with them,

And something greater than they will survive?



Is all the self-promotion, the generic tease covers nothing but digital Spam?
 


What is the WHY of your desire to be an author?



WHAT IS THE UNDERLYING MEANING TO YOUR BOOK?
 


What do you think of bare torso covers?


7 comments:

  1. I can't read King because of all his semcols (they drive me bananas) but I love to listen to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those semcols never bothered me, but we are all different. I love to listen to his audio books, too! DUMA KEY is my favorite of his audio books.

      Delete
  2. That's why I don't talk about my books often. And almost never on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an icon, Alex, you don't need to but the rest of us mortals have to pull attention to our books some way. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have been going through my lists and cutting, cutting. The book promos are overwhelming and I had to make a special list to get the original people I followed. Finally just bookmarked Alex's ISWG list. Mostly, I talk about others or info I think is interesting. Bare torsos? Hah, can hear my elders "Do that in your bedroom." and that's what I think of those covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mildred, I try to make my posts entertaining and not all about writing but about things that intrigue or puzzle me.

      Yeah, bare torso's just seem to say "Shallow Reading" to me! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi Roland - both you and Alex are examples to us writers in the blogosphere. You for your work ethic and getting it done and out there, and all the advice you give us ... and Alex for supporting others and not banging on about his achievements ...

    I love having learning advice from friends in the blogosphere .. especially those who write well - thanks - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete