FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, June 25, 2015

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ANGELINA JOLIE DIRECTING MARVEL'S CAPTAIN MARVEL?



Not that I know for a fact that is happening, 
mind you.

But there are rumors from various sources like Forbes 

that upon seeing Unbroken, Marvel offered Mrs. Pitt $20 million to direct Captain Marvel.

But for super-star Jolie that is hardly a lot.  For you and me that sum is heart-attack inducing!  

She made her directorial debut with the 2011 movie, In the Land of Blood and Honey

She has teamed with her husband, Brad Pitt, for her 3rd feature, By The Sea -- 

in which she will be on the screen. 

She has also set up Africa which follows big game elephant poachers.  

And it, too, may once again star Brad Pitt in the lead role.


In an era when female directors are lucky enough to be regularly employed, 

Jolie has used her capital and star power to become a solid director

 and make the kind of films that we all claim to want more of. 

 In other words, 

she’s the last female filmmaker on the planet that needs a gig directing Marvel’s Captain Marvel.

She is arguably the only female filmmaker for whom directing a superhero franchise tent-pole picture wouldn’t be a huge career boost.  

She is making character studies, war-torn romances, and old-school “movies” for adults with the backing of major studios no less.

 She is already making the “one for me” pictures. 

What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Bigelow doesn't need the job either.
    Not too sure about Jolie directing a superhero film. And what about those hundred kids she has? When does she spend time with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe a Nanny takes care of them. From Wanted to Salt to Lara Croft, Angelina certainly has experience with action films!

      Delete
  2. You know, I think she'd do OK at it, but she probably won't do it. She seems a little above superhero movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Unbroken. I thought it was great, and I shed a few tears. Favorite Young Man watched with me. We were quite moved because my dad was a pilot. Whatever Angelina does is okay with me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure she will do what she thinks best. I wish her luck! I heard Unbroken was well done. :-)

      Delete
  4. Like everyone thinks they can write, many actors think they can direct. I say thumbs down, because when you have the money, you can do whatever you want. Usually a Jack or Jane of all trades is master of none. . .and btw, didn't she adopt a lot of kids that must need a bit of mothering, or does a nanny do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studios have no one to blame but themselves if they are unhappy with her direction since they signed off on the movies. I am concerned that with so many children a few will fall through the emotional cracks. :-(

      Delete