FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, August 10, 2020

You Don't Need a Parachute to Skydive



You just need one to Skydive 
TWICE!

Everyone knows what LOL means

How about LOA?


Well, my LOA is no LOL

Seems like the government will only pay me for two of the over three weeks I was out with Covid-19.


And the story first put out by the main office that it would cover two more weeks 

since employees more than likely would catch Covid-19 by repeatedly entering hospitals doing their job ...

Just was not so.



Oops!  

So this check was for THREE DAYS.

Hard to pay the rent and utilities on that!


Since I've learned not to trust the government 
nor my company,

I have been putting a little aside
which will be gutted by paying the rent,
 utilities, and car insurance. 


So it will be Ramen noodles for awhile!



 So when my new audio book
finally gets approved 
by Audible,

Would some of you
consider buying it?

'Cause I am one 
Insecure Writer
at the moment.

Yet, there is much
to thankful for.

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. As my best friend, Sandra, used to say: What doesn't build character, makes you one! Thanks for caring, Alex. :-)

      Delete
  2. That's terrible you weren't covered the full time. Any vacation days left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None. I diverted those into my 401K when it took the Covid slide, I will just have to bull through. :-) Easier said than done when done when so weak. I worked 20 hours this weekend. Whew!

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland - it must be tough - I think of you ... but there's nothing extra here - I cope too. Take care - and stay safe - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many others have it so tougher. In many, many ways I am blessed. Hope your world holds only happy surprises in the future, Hilary. Thanks for checking in. :-)

      Delete