FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, October 3, 2020

WARZONE Living

 


Life is still a war-zone affair.


Lake Charles is not quite as bad 
as the city of which I wrote
in the above book unless ...

You are out after curfew 
and look like you have more 
than the homeless predator 
who spies you alone.


I am down but not out.

Still apartment-less, 
Midnight-less.


He's boarded at the
vet's now ...

for as long as I can
afford it.

He had to get a complete
check-up and get caught
up on all his shots
before the vet would
take him.

I don't know what hurt more,
Midnight's bottom
or my wallet!



But what is within my ability, I do:

I deliver needed blood to those 
who desperately need it ...

like my supervisor 
still fighting for his life,
though just out of the
intensive care unit.

Covid-19 is a true hazard
for rare blood couriers ...

And you can catch it twice!


We do not know how precariously our lives 
are balanced on the razor's edge ...

until life removes the support 
we took for granted.

Appreciate the blessings 
around you, my friends.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you find a place and can keep Midnight at the vet's. Don't give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll find a place for you and Midnight soon. Keep looking and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all you're going through. I watched the weather this morning. Louisiana just can't catch a break! I hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you and Midnight.
    Remember what Dumbledore said: "There is still hope, love and light, and choices that we make every single day that can make a difference. We can choose to be strong, brave, united."
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just coming up for air out here...I mean that quite literally. We finally have air that doesn't require oxygen masks. I don't think I can do another summer like this last one. The fires. Evacuation at 3 a.m. Of course, my computer crashed about the same time. Then a hacker took down my new computer. On and on it goes, but I didn't lose my house as you did.

    I read your post on my blog last month and was so sad to find out about your situation. If it helps, I'm listening to your latest audio book and loving it, of course. I'll review as soon as I finish.

    ReplyDelete