FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I'M HERE BUT I'M NOT ALL THERE_IWSG Post

 


The title to this post is the title to the 7th chapter 
to my Amazon Vella submission.


Are you reluctant to try Amazon Vella
or to enter the writing world at all
after this Covid hiatus?

Could the title to this post
apply to how you feel
about trying to write again?


A century ago, Sigmund Freud
called it "reiseangst"

what psychologists now call
"Re-entry Fear."


How about succeeding by
THINKING SMALL?


Try writing Haiku's.

Haiku's are written sparse word
by sparse word.


Thinking small for your Haiku
keeps you in the moment.

You find you can conjure
a mood with only a few words.


Shrink your writing universe
to a population of one:
You


Amazon Vella
has helped 
by leading me to break
my novel
into riveting chapters
each with their own arcs.

What helps you?




18 comments:

  1. I've heard of Vella but no idea what it's about. If it helps writers get their words out, that's a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reentering normal activities is difficult, but it's also freeing.

    Will check out Vella.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifeshare consumes so much of my time and energy it is hard to find time and inspiration to write. Best of luck with Vella! :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like Amazon is entering the Wattpad arena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't the first time I've seen reference to Amazon Vella. Guess I better do some research. Stephen King is all over youtube. I've been watching his videos all week for inspiration. Happy IWSG, Roland. Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by Vella and by serializing fiction. I've considered jumping in with a new story that's a series of flash fictions but haven't quite decided yet. Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Calvin and Hobs toon. They always crack me up. I have heard of Vella until today, soooooo no comment. ;-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vella is brand new so no wonder you haven't heard of it yet, Anna. I have the complete volumes of Calvin& Hobbes, and my friend who was helping me move asked me how old I was! :-)

      Delete
  7. Hobs always knew what to say, didn't he? I loved the Mark Twain quote, and it made me glad that I didn't have one of those show up in my books. I did something right for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always do right in your books, Lee. Hobbs for President, right? :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm just hearing about Kindle Vella now. I'm quite intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roland - I think Christine Rains wrote quite a good intro to Vella ... good luck with the new approach ... it does make sense if it helps you - all the very best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed her take on Vella. :-( I will give it my best shot, Hilary. :-)

      Delete