FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

AMAZON VELLA - What do you think of it?

 

Amazon announced on April 13th a new writing opportunity for US writers

through their Kindle Direct Publishing program called Kindle Vella, 

twisting the word “Novella” for fun.

Should you as an author try this platform?

Kindle Vella is structured with short (500–5000 words) episodes 

and a "Token" payment system that authors receive 50% of the proceeds for 

(though there is no clear information on what a token is worth).


Charles Dickens rose to fame and fortune serializing his work and 

serialization is a a popular and established reader market in countries like South Korea and Japan.

Have you ever wished you had gotten in

at the start of the Kindle Books phenomenon?

Kindle Vella likely hopes to compete in securing intellectual property that has been tested, 

that then can be turned into television series, films, and games.

Kakao, a major South Korean internet company is hoping to acquire Radish, 

one of the largest serialized fiction apps used by independent authors,

 and that has recently changed its payment terms to pay authors 

significantly less for their work for the same reason.


I am doing it because it is the only way I can prod myself into writing Night Seasons.

You must make up your own mind about it
of course.





6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand. Are both 'Vella' and 'Kakao' retaining the Author's rights? Whereas Authors sacrifice their hard-work, creation and ownership? Then get paid less?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe authors should read the Vella contract very carefully in relation to the ownership of movie and tv rights ... but major book publishers today have to be watched carefully, too. Good to see you here, Robert. :-)

      Delete
  2. I wish you luck! I'd love to hear how it goes once it's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Holli. I will. I'm rather interested in how it will go, too!

      Delete
  3. I love the title of your post and so many of these thoughts made me chuckle. Thank you Roland. I especially loved the Haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to make my readers chuckle whenever I can, Erika.:-)

      Delete