FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, October 4, 2021

TODAY I LOST MY FACE_IWSG Post

 

Facebook alerted me it was the birthday 

for two of my friends.

I went to FB to wish them well.

Uh, FB was gone.


If this should end tomorrow

All our best laid plans

And all our typical fears?

Am I running out of lifetimes?

This is not the first time

Something ends in just tears.

Are we our digital footprint?

What are all those Instagram models going to do for income

with their Instagram sites fenced off?

We reach out to one another via the internet.

How much do you FB to reach out

 and touch your friends?

Remember those things called "Letters"?

When was the last time you wrote one?

My mother kept all her friends' letters. 

not just the ones written to her by Mr. Chandler.

When they died, she re-read them smiling and crying

while she did do.

Want to get into the heads of Mark Twain, 

Ernest Hemingway,

Oscar Wilde, Groucho Marx, Abigail Adams?

Read volumes of their letters.

https://www.amazon.com/Letters-Note-Collection-Correspondence-Deserving/dp/1452134251/

Oh, on a completely different note:

Do any of you know how to format a cover for

a Kindle Hardback?

I am tech-challenged.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Roland, I love to write letters, but my handwriting has gone south with my ageing. So I now communicate mainly via email. I'm noton Facebook or any other socieal media, just the blogs. Hope all is well in your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seldom on FB either except to wish Happy Birthday to my friends or to announce my latest post. If Covid can leave me be, I will be all right! Stay well and hug Faith and Samson for me. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have considered dumping Facebook. Not because of the politics but a general ick factor. It does help learn about interests I have such as animals nature genealogy writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom visit FB, too, Ann. But it keeps me informed of the birthdays of my friends. :-)

      Delete
  3. I know there should be lists of people who do at the IWSG site.
    Not on Facebook but I heard it was down. I'm sure some people panicked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially Instagram models who make $ with their pictures. :-)

      Delete