FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, July 27, 2012

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR AMAZON SALES RANKING

THE LAST DAY!

RITES OF PASSAGE AT #10!
http://www.amazon.com/RITES-OF-PASSAGE-ebook/dp/B004XQVPYM

See poor dead Rachel on the cover?

Make her ghost smile by writing just a two sentence review. Eric keeps threatening to write: "This book didn't suck. Read it, and I bet you agree with me!"

1.) ONE NEW POSITIVE REVIEW

can be the one thing that encourages a potential reader into buying. And one new sale can make the Amazon Sales Ranking go up considerably.

And many buyers want to buy what everyone else is buying.

2.) THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST:

Amazon sales rank is generated by a proprietary algorithm. The more copies a book sells on Amazon, relative to other books, the higher the rank---

or, the lower the number. So, a rank of 10 is higher than a rank of 257,090.

3.) ENOUGH ABOUT ME. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ME?

Link to the Amazon page for your book in the signature line of the emails you send. Then, everyone who receives email from you will be exposed to your book. The chances are that at least some of them will click on the links.

No, I don't do this ... I have so little free time with my job as a rare blood courier that sadly I send very few emails. But many of you do send many emails. Make them count.

4.) REMEMBER PANDORA AND THAT CURIOUS CAT?

"Search Inside the Book" is an important property to put in place for your book. It allows customers to actually browse through parts of the book. They'll be more likely to buy a book that they've been able to flip through.

5.) A PATH TO HIGHER SALES THAT MAY MAKE YOU FEEL UNEASY:

Write Listmania Lists that include your book. These are lists of books that fall under a particular topic and include links to the Amazon page for each of them. Write lists for as many categories as your book could reasonably fall under.

6.) LIST FOR FREE:

It may translate into higher sales AFTER the free period stops. If your book is priced at 99 cents, others may take note of higher sales rankings and take a gamble on your book.

7.) DON'T INDULGE IN AMERICAN IDOLism:

Amazon Sales Ranking is a popularity contest wherein your book's sales are compared to the thousands of sales of its neighbors.

Statistics say you will have to keep your day job. Or in my weary case, my day AND night job!

Write because you love it. If you touch one heart, then you have succeeded.

8.) Enough about me ...

I cannot know if I have touched that one heart unless you post a review. Please do so for RITE OF PASSAGE. It is a lonely dark road for most of us as we struggle in self-publishing. One sale, one supportive review can light the dark and warm a lonely heart.

Do it, not just for me, but for others toiling in the shadows of meager sales.

Have a lovely weekend. Me? I will be driving lonely rural roads all weekend and into the week. Darn that storm! :-) Roland

6 comments:

  1. Never thought to add a link in my email signature. Otherwise, I have no idea what is boosting my sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex:
    Exposure is everything. You visit s100 blogs a day! That helps. You being such a good friend to so many helps even more.

    It also helps that you are a good writer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to join the ranks of the self-published sometime in September. Thanks for the tips, Roland. I gave you a shout-out in my blog post today. Hope it helps, but mine isn't a high-traffic site - yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great thoughts about marketing, thank you Roland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being in the top 10! YAY!!


    THANKS for all the great advice Roland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot of writers say that the "free period" boosted their readership and ratings. Like you said, someone might gamble on your book when they see it's free or .99. And also like you said, it only takes a few good reviews to make people want to read it. So why not let a bunch of people read it for free? :)

    ReplyDelete