FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, July 29, 2012

SAMPLE SUNDAY: THREE SPIRIT KNIGHT

Being but a novice to Twitter, I have just discovered #SampleSunday.

Yesterday, I advised you, my friends, to take advantage of it. So here I am leading by example.

Some of you have inquired about the next chapter in the legend of Victor Standish, THREE SPIRIT KNIGHT.

Here is the introduction by none other than the ghost of George Bernard Shaw:

INTRODUCTION
By George Bernard Shaw, ghost.

I hasten to protest at the outset that I have only a modest personal knowledge of the incorrigible scamp who wrote this amazing book. I do know him well enough however to make the following statement.

If he is to be encouraged and approved, then British morality is a mockery, British respectability an imposture, and British industry a vice. Perhaps they are: I have always kept an open mind on the subject.

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself, something young Standish excels at. So much so that he created his own last name in fact.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. In this respect, Victor Standish is the most honorable gypsy I have ever met.

What was it he once told me? Oh, yes. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you might as well make it dance.”

Standish executes the dance between love and death better than any I have ever met. I admit to being somewhat of a cynic when it comes to love.

When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part.

Astoundingly, Victor Standish and his ghastly fiancĂ©e, Alice Wentworth, seem to be able to sustain that formerly transient passion … past death itself. Or should I say herself, for the Angel of Death is young Standish’s mother.

A fact which might help explain it all. Though I fear the Pope would be scandalized at these words … for which I again quote young Standish:

“Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!”

You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul. I say that to warn you that this narrative is, indeed, a work of art, rough, but art, nonetheless.

What you find in it will reveal your soul not young Standish’s.

As for that scamp …

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.

Such was, and is, the case of the legend of Victor Standish.

CHAPTER ONE
TIME TRAVEL ISN’T WHAT IT USED TO BE.

“After all, the wrong road always leads somewhere.”
- Victor Standish.
***
If any of you are curious about Victor Standish now, start with his first humble narration, THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH:

http://www.amazon.com/THE-LEGEND-VICTOR-STANDISH-ebook/dp/B005NCUTAG

4 comments:

  1. Twitter!?!?!? Nope! I refuse to do so! LOL!!!

    Yay for such high praise and admiration from Mr. George Bernard Shaw's ghost!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kitty:
    Twitter is a mystery to me. I will admit to that. I think all its secrets, like Amazon's, are written in invisible ink! Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment. I hope Charlie is doing well, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is hot and the sample is solid as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Braine:
    Leonora Roy does certainly know how to draw hot covers, doesn't she?! Thanks for the kind words on my words, too.

    ReplyDelete