FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, July 16, 2012

THREE SPIRIT KNIGHT_FIRST PARAGRAPH

CHAPTER ONE

TIME TRAVEL ISN’T WHAT IT USED TO BE.

“After all, the wrong road always leads somewhere.”
- Victor Standish.

Time travel.

I used to dream of it in the libraries of every mean city Mother dumped me in. To travel through time seemed to be the perfect escape from the street gangs who made my life miserable. No matter the library, I would find the copy of H. G. Wells’ THE TIME MACHINE, and I would read it from cover to cover in one sitting. I would fantasize about finding an abandoned Time Machine in the end of a little-used alley.

2 comments:

  1. The character's Mother sounds as mean as the mean cities she dumped him in. Great first para! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexa:
    As always in my novels, the mother is driven by forces not readily apparent.

    In this case, she is the Angel of Death no longer able to take her son with her since it was becoming maddening to him.

    So she placed him on the deadliest streets of America so that he was always in her sight as he was always in her heart ... though no longer by her side.

    Thanks for liking my first paragraph!

    ReplyDelete