FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, May 13, 2012

BEST OF ENEMIES is in the wings

St. Marrok's.

The most eerie high school in which you will ever die. Some call it the high school for the damned. The damned merely laugh.

Located in the lovely, Katrina devastated French Quarter, it stands as it has always stood since the sky chariot of the Queen of the Tuatha de Danann was shot down over Roswell, New Mexico in June 1947.

St. Marrok's is a school run by the Sidhe for all the preternatural children of America.  A few mortal teenagers are invited for the amusement and education in the frailties of humans for the Sidhe.

Now, the celestial configurations are almost in allignment. The Nameless Ones are nearly through the frayed barrior between their dimensions and ours. The plans set into motion in 1947 by the Tuatha de Danann are finished.

Plots and counter-plots by Sidhe, revenants, and Olympian/Asgardian factions are all coming to a head.  The End of Days is at hand.

And only Alice Wentworth, a Victorian ghoul, with a rag-tag group of misfit students and human teachers stand a chance at stopping it. All it will take is their lives and all they hold dear.


BEST OF ENEMIES is soon to be here.

Any of you, my friends, who dedicate a post to it or post a review of it on Amazon when it comes out will be entered in a drawing

for an autographed copy of THE ART OF MICHAEL WHELAN.  (He is the cover artist for THE WHITE DRAGON and the DARK TOWER series by Stephen King.)

It goes anywhere from $75 to $140 unsigned. Signed copies go for hundreds of dollars. 

On July 4th, Sandra, my feisty best friend - more fierce than any Hellhound - will draw from the names of those who have done a post on their blog for BEST OF ENEMIES or have  posted a review on Amazon.

8 comments:

  1. Now that is an awesome giveaway! What's the release date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everyone, what do you think? Does it sound like an intriguing book?

    Are you interested in posting about it and doing a review on Amazon when it comes out?

    Let me know.

    It is my version of the movie, THE AVENGER, mixed with Celtic lore and French Quarter legend. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Alex, you beat me on commenting on my own post! That is something! You are the man.

    With internet access denied me at home, I had more time to edit and polish than I expected when I supposed a June 1st release date.

    BEST OF ENEMIES should be available from Amazon in a day or two now.

    It gives my friends more time to read it, do a post on it, and write a review on Amazon.

    Wolf Howl, Toomey Starks, Hibbs, the bear with 2 shadows, and of course McCord and the vampire priest, Renfield, are in the mix with Alice Wentworth and the shade of Victor Standish flitting in and out like a Will O Wisp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome video Roland. I've been collecting Tuatha De research, and that video pretty much summed up a great number of links I've been saving.

    Oh, sorry, got distracted . .

    congrats on completing the Enemies novel. I'll get an announcement post up by the end of the month. I'm trying to catch up on some reading and reviews, books that have been sitting for months, so I don't know when I'll be able to review this for you.

    In fact, I think I still owe you a couple reviews. I need about two extra hours in a day . .

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the release of yet another book. It's sounds interesting. My TBR list is getting longer by the minute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a prolific writer, well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna:
    I'm glad you liked the video. There is a lot of the Tuatha de Danann in BEST OF ENEMIES.I think you may enjoy it.

    Braine:
    It focuses on friendship among girls in high school. There's laughter, fun, and ultimate sacrifices for a sister. I'm happy you're looking forward to it.

    Gwen:
    I hope BEST OF ENEMIES gets on your TBR list (on top, of course! LOL)

    Trisha:
    This one has one of the leads having your name. If this doesn't do well, it will be my swan song. Hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete