FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, August 18, 2016

HELP_DRAGONS OF THE BARBARY COAST


Would you consider pre-ordering my novella?

Here I stand, Stetson in hand, asking for a favor. 

 If you would agree to write an honest review, I would gladly send you a copy. 

It is short, and Sandra thinks it is one of the best things I have written.  

And she is a harsh critic-- I have the bruises on my ego to prove it!


SO WHY ARE AMAZON REVIEWS IMPORTANT?

A study last year revealed over 88% of online shoppers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations.


YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ROGER EBERT

All you have to write are 20 words.  

"I really enjoyed the humor in this book.  The dialogue crackles with wit.  Mark Twain really became alive for me in this story.  And I admit, I cried at the end."


WHERE NUMBERS COUNT

 Around 20-25 reviews, Amazon starts including the book in “also bought” and “you might like” lists. This increases your chances of someone finding your title.

 Around 50-70 reviews, Amazon looks at your book for spotlight positions and the newsletter. This is HUGE.  (Almost as big as Trump's ego!)


SNOWBALLS IN AUGUST

One positive review begets another.  They start to stimulate interest.  Over 85% of all Kindle readers rely on reviews in their online shopping decisions.


NO PASSPORTS NECESSARY

You can post a review on Amazon without verification of purchase.


WHY SHOULD YOU READ DRAGONS OF THE BARBARY COAST?

Are you kidding?  It's got dragons!  In 1851 San Francisco!

Seriously, it has the first love of sixteen year old Mark Twain.  

First Love changes you and sets up its own room in your heart and mind.  

There's no love like the first.

You can love someone ... but never as much as you can miss them. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - with pleasure ... and then I'll get in the mode for writing reviews and reading your other books - before life got in the way.

    Take care and all the best with this - and thanks re the data and Amazon reviews ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have an Amazon account but I can post one on Goodreads when I read it. When does it come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! It comes out next Monday, the 22nd. You're very kind to do this. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to read it, but I'm still reading your steampunk novel. Novella means it's a bit smaller so I think You will get many offers. If not, keep me in mind. Hope you can pop by to read my WEP entry,Roland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roland - just downloaded it ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete