FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WHAT IS IMPORTANT IN LIFE?


If you are not into politics or sports, 
what is there for you lately?




Do you have a purpose to your life?

Midnight's Purpose:

"The purpose of my life is to feel good, 
be good, do good
and eat ... and sleep!
Ah, I think I lied about the do good."



No matter who we are, we spend our hours 
DOING SOMETHING.


What are the THREE things you spend the most time on?

Why?

Do you know WHY you are going in the direction you are?  

Do you even know WHERE you are going?


WHAT IS TRULY IMPORTANT?


YOUR HEALTH

“Health is life. Care for it as you would care for your newborn child.” 
- Mark Twain


YOUR RELATIONSHIPS


“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” 
 - Anais Nin



HEALTHY VIEW OF OURSELVES

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
 - Anais Nin

If we view ourselves negatively, we will see the world that way.  Why make ourselves miserable?



YOUR DREAMS

 “We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”
- Anais Nin

"Giving up on your dream because of one setback is like slashing the other 3 tires when one goes flat." 
- Will Rogers


THINK ABOUT YOUR LIFE 
OWN WHAT IS HAPPENING IN IT.


8 comments:

  1. 3 things: caring for family, learning, always learning, as much as possible about many subjects, and dreaming up stories. (notice I didn't say writing them all, but I'm trying). I watch baseball (Blue Jays) and science shows, not so much the Olympics and definitely not politics.You probably meant something more exciting. I want to be doing more creative things, but life intervenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant what truly comprised your days -- that is life. :-)

      Life is a harsh mistress. Caring for those close to us must always come first.

      Learning keeps us alert, alive, and in touch with our imagination and soul. I pray for you daily.

      Delete
  2. Hi Roland - yes: helping others along the way; being considerate and kind when out and about; the goal is to finally get to create these books and utilise my learning.

    Now is the time to open the door and get going ... plans are afoot ... while ensuring I keep up with family and friends ...

    Olympics I keep an eye - I love my sport ... and having been at Munich and then having London - there's always something to appreciate and learn from. Politics - it'd be good if everyone would do what was good for their country and the world, and not waste so much time bickering or bitching ... and I, I, I, ... it'd be nice if people could step back and then over that hurdle.

    Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! My reply to you was eaten by Blogger! How rude. I didn't invite them to the table.

      The Munich Olympics was scarred by that terrible terrorist attack. People seem unable to resolve their differences in ways that are adult and sane. I wish you only success with your plans that are afoot. Thanks for your constant friendship. Roland :-)

      Delete
  3. An interesting post that is quite timely given my current state of mind - doom and gloom (that needs turning around quick). I love the analogy of the car tyres - I'll remember that one for sure. Thanks for the thoughtful post - I'll be using some of that advice to put some proper perspective back into my approach for the weeks ahead. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grieved that doom and gloom are your unwanted house guests. They overstay their welcome always!

      May sunshine peek into your days more and more. I'll be praying for you. :-)

      Delete
  4. These days much of my time is taken up with writing, promoting my work, and doing research. When I was younger I had more of a social life but since my partner died a few years ago I have been less social. I miss his joy and his curious mind.

    I have not been following the Olympics but am impressed by some of our young athletes. Such courage and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a beloved partner dies, two hearts that had become one is torn asunder. It takes time to sort out who we are after that part of our heart exists only in memory.

      I will pray that your life finds a healing path.

      Like you, research, writing, and marketing takes up so much of my life outside my employment as a rare blood courier.

      I hope I am better at research and writing than I am at marketing!

      My kitten, Midnight, wants me to sell the movie rights to one of my novels so that he can grow accustomed to the luxury he aspires to!! :-)

      Delete