FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A very INSECURE WRITER: an IWSG Post


Roland here again.

Age has gotten to my car now. 

I will have to deplete the rest of my savings to buy a replacement.

and try to find some way to get what few belongings I have left to my new apartment come January 6th ... 

if my center will let me stay that long.

Thanks to those of you who gave to me on PayPal ...

I was able to pay all the horrendous fees and deposits to lease a new apartment for January 6th!


And if I can't keep from being re-infected by this new surge of Covid as I walk down the germ-infested hospital halls

My blood center will have to evict me from my little room in its back ...

No place to shower ... 

sleep in my car until the police arrest me ... brrr.



I am sorry if my blog of late has become a litany of non-stop whining.

Try living it! Ouch!


With my laptop destroyed, all that I had written on my latest novel is gone.


With my seven book shelves destroyed and their 1000 books with them, my research is back to square one.


When my latest audio book, my doing a Charles Dickens A CHRISTMAS CAROL French Quarter Style comes out ...

Would you consider buying it and perhaps giving it to a friend?

I could use a Christmas Miracle right now!

18 comments:

  1. Roland, sad to hear you've lost so much. Glad you finally have an apartment lined up. Let me know when that audio book comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to ACX, it has been "Headed To Retail" for over a week. I will let you know when it does. I could sure a Christmas Miracle right now. Thanks for having my back.

      Delete
  2. I really hope you can continue to stay there. They'd be monsters to kick you out right before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been gracious to let me stay here so long. My supervisor lets me know they are wearying of me being here. This is the same center that demanded all the donor techs that had been scattered across 4 states by Delta's mandatory evacuation to return 2 days later upon threat of termination, only to find the center had taken a week's vacation.

      Like any company, it is filled with good people and some flawed.

      Thanks for caring, Diane.

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland,
    I am so sorry about you losing your research and your books in your broken down computer. Please let me know when your audio Christmas book comes out. I like to read by listening to an audio version.
    Take care of yourself and I hope you enjoy Christmas and have a safe passage into 2021.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pat. I pray my "Christmas" audio book comes out before Christmas! I will tackle each problem with the Father's help. This has been an experience!

      Delete
  4. I'm keeping you in my prayers. 2020 is a nightmare in so many ways, all by itself. And add to it life stuff. Keep writing somehow, some way.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing what research I can in the library, but its resources are more limited than I would have thought -- and work at the center is increasing in volume ... and we are getting an irradiator which will skyrocket the volume of work even more. Life Stuff is right! Have as good a holiday season as possible, Teresa.

      Delete
  5. Hope you're doing better, Roland. You must feel like you're in the crosshairs more than ever. It'll get better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. But The Father is in them with me. My times are in the Father's hand.

      Delete
  6. Hi Roland - I do hope it all works out for you ... so pleased there is an apartment waiting for you ... all the very best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot to do in the time remaining though. Keep saying prayer, Hilary.

      Delete
  7. OMG. I've been under a rock. I knew you had a disaster, but I had no idea it was as severe as this, Roland. I've been dealing with a lot of family issues, so I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I hope you move into your apartment ASAP and are able to find some peace of mind. What a terrible year this has been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is having a harder time than they appear ... especially in Lake Charles. Thee were some dark times I considered suicide. May your family issues resolve themselves better than you expect, Lee.

      Delete
  8. At least a glimmer of hope with an apartment lined up. I hope you can stay were you are (fingers crossed) until then. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you are going through all this, Roland. It must be extremely hard to have lost so much. I look forward to your new audiobook and I hope 2021 brings you good luck, health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anstice. It is a Christmas audio book -- ACX has had it since Oct. 21st! I am beginning to worry it will not be released in time. When it does come out, I hope you enjoy it. :-)

      Delete