FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, February 14, 2022

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, EVERYONE!

 

In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their valentine. 

The single women’s names would be added to an urn and single men of the town would take a name out 

and pin it to their sleeves for one whole week. 

This would allow everyone in the town to see who their valentine was and 

could be where the term “wearing your heart on your sleeve” originates.


Oh, Hobbes gets the ides:


Calvin not so much!


My Go-To Valentine's Day Tune:


May the healing power of love
somehow touch you today

4 comments:

  1. I learned something today!
    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Valentine's Day post, Roland! I loved the origin of that saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roland - I hadn't heard about the origin of that saying ... fascinating. Take care and all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete