FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Have You Ever Written Yourself Into A Corner?

 


I did with my latest novel


I drove 500 miles on blood runs
 over the weekend,
so no inspiration then.


Monday and Tuesday,
my days off,
found me too exhausted to cognigate!


I try to put Lucas into as tight a trap as possible.
Worse, he had to escape using stage magic!

Then ...


I recalled from a prior book,
Lucas had stolen one of Leonardo's notebooks
on one of his O.S.S. missions.

just as I spotted a cover of one of my research
books on stage magic.


And PRESTO!

The solution came to me

But I start work tomorrow
so
poor Lucas will have to brave death for a week!


Have you come up blank when writing?

How did you write your way out of it?

6 comments:

  1. At least it came to you. You can write him out of a corner on your next day off.
    Yes, my first book ended up in a tight spot before the solution hit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we all hit that brick wall. The trick there is to find some way to chisel through, right? :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found a way out, even if it has to wait awhile to be written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will give me time to polish the scene in my head. :-)

      Delete
  3. I had a block this weekend although not so much on my fiction, more so an article I was writing for my blog. That's why there was no blog post at the Far Out Fantastic Site this week. I'm glad you found your way out of your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steven ... I was beginning to feel like a blockhead!

      Delete