FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, December 25, 2010

TO SHARE LOVE_HAPPY BOXING DAY!


One of the great things about love ...

is that it grows in ever larger ripples when shared.

One shares with another, then that heart touched by love shares, too.

One becomes two. Two becomes four. And four becomes eight.

Not every heart which receives, gives, of course.

Who of us has not received compassion and felt the better for it?

We are let into a busy traffic line, and we wave thanks.

But do we give it? Do we let another in somewhere else down the line?

Or do we just go on our way, too much in a hurry to return the favor to a stranger?

Have we received compassion, wisdom, kindness repeatedly from a friend, but then have been hurt by that same friend?

Can we find it in ourselves, that after taken so much, to give one thing ...

the benefit of the doubt,

to trust in the past acts of friendship to give ...

forgiveness?


That is the secret of Boxing Day, celebrated in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom ...

to give from the surplus that we have received on Christmas Day.

One of the clues to Boxing Day's origins can be found in the Christmas Carol, "Good King Wenceslas."

Wenceslas, who was Duke of Bohemia in the early 10th century, was surveying his land on St. Stephen's Day — Dec. 26 —

when he saw a poor man gathering wood in the middle of a snowstorm. Moved, the King gathered up surplus food and wine

and carried them through the blizzard to the peasant's door.

Christmas love and magic is better when shared. Just like laughter is somehow more than doubled when the joke or funny movie is shared with a friend.

What is more beautiful than a unicorn in the snow?

Two unicorns racing through the flurry of snowflakes together.
***


20 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great weekend. How's your writing going these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Whisk : I'm having a quiet, peaceful, and almost productive weekend.

    I've written thirty pages of the sequel to THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH. I've just left poor Victor and Alice trapped within Empress Theodora's palace in Siberia.

    Worse, they are trapped in her bedroom, and the livid revenant has just entered!

    But don't worry. Victor has reassured Alice that he has a plan. Now, if he can just come up with it.

    Have a beautiful Christmas evening, Boxing Day, and rest of 2010, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on the 30 pages. Excellent news. Happy New Writing Year, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! What a wonderful story, beautiful in its simplicity of the heart.

    You wrote more pages today... that's great. I like the new paragraph you sent me. Great job. I have to say, I am truly enjoying your snippets on your novels. They all intrigue me. You have some amazing ideas.

    Keep up the productive work, Roland. Magic is still in the air.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Whisk : Thanks. May your own New Year be productive in all the ways you want, too!

    Michael : Now if my amazing ideas can just attract an agent and publisher! I wish some of that magic your way to speed your dreams along, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will.... Never give up hope.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. Right now I'm grooving on DR-7 and the characters are still cracking me up. Even 7 drafts in. Good stuff. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Whisk : That's the joy of writing, living in the heads of your characters and thinking of great lines for them to say. It is lots of fun. Merry Christmas Night!

    Michael : Hope and the courage to take the next step is all we need to make it across the desert, right? May your Christmas Night be magic, too. I'm enjoying the end of HOME ALONE II. But then, I'm a kid at heart. Who would have guessed, right? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Roland,
    I hope you can understand my english. Here are my wishes for you:

    You'll never miss a dream to strive for a project to do, something to learn, a place to go, and someone to love ...
    My New Year greetings to you.


    Kisses and more^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello,
    it is great, it is very amazing to be here!^^

    It is a pleasure to meet you^^

    Kisses and more^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca : I understood your English perfectly. You do much better with my language than I would do with yours!

    Your wishes for me were beautiful, and I wish the same things for you, Always your friend, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Roland,
    I think I'll be well protected here. Thank you for your comments too. I wish you a happy new year 2011 with all its surprises and charms ^ ^

    Kisses and more^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca : I pray that all your surprises are happy ones! And may the some of the charms pass your way, too. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Roland .. I agree a great post on the carol Good King Wenceslas and St Stephen .. always interests me how far stories, words and ideas have travelled.

    A smile, a kindness always spread their wings .. thanks for reminding us .. and I'd love to see a Unicorn or two in the snow! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful thoughts.

    I love the unicorn picture, reminds me...any thing is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this post! BTW, Boxing Day is also celebrated in Bermuda. That's where I was introduced to it back in the sixties when I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boxing Day...what a wonderful post, considering how needful of unnecessary "stuff" our world has become.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend, my friend:)
    EL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome concept. I'd heard of this one before, but its good to be reminded to share the love and compassion.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful post and very inspiring. I had forgotten about Boxing Day. Thanks for the reminder.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna : Sharing I beleive is what Christmas is all about. Thanks for liking my post. I loved your interview with Gary, by the way.

    Mason : Les reminded me Boxing Day was also celebrated in the Bahamas. Now, I'd like to celebrate it there, too! LOL.

    ReplyDelete