FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, January 10, 2019

THE FIRST FOUR


Give me six hours to chop down a tree, 
and I will spend the first four
 sharpening the ax.”  
- Abraham Lincoln

 The people we surround ourselves with 
are the biggest influence 
on our behavior, 
attitudes and results

Who you are around ,

what they’ve got 
you thinking, 
saying, doing 
and becoming,
sets the course of your life.

 “You are the average 
of the five people 
you spend the 
most time with.”
 - Jim Rohn


Social scientists say the people you spend the most time with 

tend to shape who you are. 

They determine what conversations dominate your attention. 

They affect to which attitudes and behaviors you are regularly exposed. 

Eventually you start to think like they think and behave like they behave.

 No matter what you believe about what the social scientists say ...

You can agree it is hard to stay positive when surrounded by negative people!

Even if you do what you feel is right, you will not get as far if, around you,

you do not have people who hold you to a higher standard ...

who by their very example show you it can be done.


I am far better now than I would have been

because of the friendship of Sandra Thrasher and the example shown by her entire family.

If you truly are the average of the five people in your life,

what kind of person are you?


Has there been one person who touched your life with wisdom and friendship?

4 comments:

  1. That's why I'm glad most of my friends are from church. They counteract those I work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world we live in most definitely has its shaping effect on us. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Roland - yes I learn from those who lead by example and are empathetic to others. I hope I live to good standards and help others ...

    Cheers and Happy New Year to you - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we can do is our best and let The Father handle the rest. :-) Always a pleasure to see you in my cyber-home!

      Delete