FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, April 26, 2019

W is for WORDS


“Words can be like X-rays 
if you use them properly.
They’ll go through anything. 
You read and you’re pierced.”
Aldous Huxley


The words we use to ourselves 
can drastically alter how we feel 
about ourselves, our lives.



We keep ourselves company 24/7. 
 Doesn't it make sense to be 
good company to ourselves?


I have found that replacing just one word for another 

has made a real difference in how I feel about my daily routines.


I replaced HAVE with GET


 Take:

I HAVE to go to work tomorrow.

Now, I say:

I GET to go to work tomorrow


I possess a job to go to when so many are jobless.

I HAVE to go to the dentist tomorrow.

I GET to go to the dentist tomorrow 
when so many cannot Afford dental care.

 
"Oh, jeez, I can't go with you tomorrow.  I HAVE to clean the bathroom."

I GET to clean the bathroom when so many are homeless 


Try it.  

You will see the climb of the day 
to be easier.


Are there other words 
that you could replace?

Take NEED versus WANT

Wants can be delayed
and often should be.

Needs have to be attended 
to right away.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - great 'W' and yes you're so right ... we can and should swap our phrases around, or utilise different ... if we pay tax - we're lucky. I'm not overworked, I've got lots to do today ... so I'll with a smile wander along! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A single word swap can make all the difference in the world in our emotions. Hope your busy goes swimmingly, Hilary! :-)

      Delete
  2. Excellent post! Small tweaks in the way we talk about things can absolutely make a difference :-)

    Ronel visiting with the A-Z Challenge music and writing: Most Amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what we tell ourselves about things in our lives is so important, Ronel! :-)

      Delete
  3. It's all about appreciating what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because everything good in our lives has a shelf life. :-)

      Delete
  4. What to Say When You Talk to Yourself - great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Dr. David Burns wrote another great self-talk book, FEELING GOOD: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0380731762/

      Delete