FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

A CAUTIONARY TALE: AMAZON VELLA_ IWSG post

 

Those of you who have been reading my posts lately know 

that Vella found fault in two of my episodes since they had characters

I used in other books and referenced scenes from earlier books.


I revised them and re-submitted them. 
They were accepted.

The end of last month, 
Amazon blocked my whole novel,
all 22 chapters, 
50,000 words of it.
Ouch!


I decided to try again.
I have written 14 chapters
12,000 words.


I've noticed something new in the email 
they send you when they accept a chapter

"Kindle Vella stories are reviewed separately 
from episodes.
 
Content reviews for your story 
and other episodes 
may impact the onsite 
availability of this episode."


So if you are considering submitting to 
Amazon Vella, 
be aware that acceptance 
of your episode
does not mean acceptance 
of your novella.


But Leonidas of Sparta 
gave it his all.

He died but birthed a legend
that lives on today.

Wish me luck
on this one!

The Synopsis:

Lake Pleasant: a city as toxic as the lake for which it is named. 

It is a city where anything can happen so long as it is terrible, and innocence has a short life span. 

The powerful rule, and the weak scurry for the dubious safety of the shadows.

Sometimes they scurry to the impoverished detective, Adam Black. “Black Magic” he is called on the streets. 

He refuses to explain his name. 

Any explanation would be ignored, but his silence unsettles those who prowl the shadows.

The crime boss, Anthony Vincent, has a job for Black: find his missing daughter. 

The fee for success: Black gets to live.

Vincent is dying. 

All the would-be successors circle Black in his search for some secret to topple the dying King. 

Adam Black is aware they are playing a game against opponents for whom they are no match.

It is a dark secret that would be his death 

if it were known he possessed it: 

reality has been invaded by beings thrust against their will onto this earthly plane … 

and want nothing more than to return, though the door has revolved again to other stranger shores.

12 comments:

  1. Amazon is a past, present and oncoming headache. :) Prayers that you will overcome this obstacle.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Vella has potential which is why I'd like to participate. Thanks for the prayers, Teresa. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'd pull from Vella and just publish it as an actual book if they want to play that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get NIGHT SEASONS published as an actual book, but Heather McCorkle, editor & formater, has been promoted to head her own line at City Owl Press. So she is struggling to find time to get it done. Thanks, Alex.

      Delete
  3. Haven't gone there yet, but thanks for the warning. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Vella may have potential but thinking my friends will put time, creativity, and heart into it only to have their work blocked hurts me to think about. :-(

      Delete
  4. Amazon has way too much control. I certainly won't be using Vella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also believes Amazon owns the movie rights to those stories on Vella. Ouch! Vella opens to the public next week.

      Delete
  5. Yet another puzzle to solve. What will Amazon do next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it darn well pleases to make more profit! "-) Thanks for visiting and commenting, Lee.

      Delete
  6. Vella sounds like too much of a headache at this stage for me to try. I'm not sure if the model will take off if a lot of authors are experiencing issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a headache. There is an option for Notes from the Author at the end of each episode which had me writing a small of book of non-fiction essays for NIGHT SEASONS which will not see the light of day. Sigh.

      Delete