FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, July 2, 2021

ONLY YOU, ROLAND

 



THE WATERS AT SOUTHPARK - ALLIGATOR IN POND

From:Lacey Pate (Assistant Manager)
Date:July 1, 2021, 4:40 pm
Subject:Alligator in Pond

Good afternoon,

We have been made aware that there is an alligator in the back pond. Someone is on his way to us now to try and remove it. The back pond is connected to the pond in the middle of buildings 4,5,6,7,8 and 9 so please be cautious with small children and babies.
I will update you here when he/she has been safely removed.

Thank you.


I got the above email just before I was to leave work and trudge wearily to my apartment.

Boy, had it been HOT! 

But reading that email certainly gave me the chills.

When I got to my door, just feet away from said pond, I saw an older woman walking right next to the water's edge with her dog in one of those vest leaches.

I hurried to her and asked if she got the email. Her words?


She was looking to see if she could see its footprints.

I started backing up to my door and kept talking to her. She looked like she wanted to stay by the pond's edge.

You can't save people from themselves. I felt sorry for the dog.


THIS JUST IN

THE WATERS AT SOUTHPARK - ALLIGATOR CAUGHT

From:Lacey Pate (Assistant Manager)
Date:July 2, 2021, 8:48 am
Subject:Alligator Caught

Our alligator was caught and rehomed yesterday evening.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

4 comments:

  1. You are sooo right Brother, you can't save people from themselves. Or- who was it said, (to be so blunt) "You can't fix stupid". Geez Roland, such has become a metaphor for your life this last year or so. Beware of the prehistoric beasts living out your front door, keeping an eye on you, like the phantoms that engulf your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robert. Always something with me. But I guess that is true for everyone these days, right?

      Delete
  2. Stupid people are the permanent deal and you can't do anything about them. Nature will have to take care of them.
    Although yeah, feel bad for the dog.
    Glad they got the alligator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also how did that alligator get into the pond anyway? Happy 4th!

      Delete