FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, October 12, 2023

A FRIEND'S QUESTION ANSWERED

 

Have you ever run your heart out, racing for the finish line of your novel ...

And it seems you are running around in circles?

I have a loyal friend in the UK who has unknowingly kept my flagging spirits up in my SAME AS IT NEVER WAS serial

I'm in the home stretch of my novel -- perhaps 5 more chapters to go --

Thanks to Misky's faithful comments and support.

https://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html

She asked me this question on my latest post: 

https://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-most-important-question.html

Roland, some weeks ago, you posted an article which drew a lot of other writers to comment. Do they not read or comment on your Same As It Never Was series? And what is their connection with you, Roland

So, I thought to answer it here, not only for her, but for others who might have been wondering the same thing.


Hurricane Laura destroyed my apartment complex. And Hurricane Delta two weeks later pretty much destroyed all the available places to rent!

Covid knocked me for a loop before the hurricanes -- thankfully --

Else Lifeshare would not have allowed me to sleep under the racks of T-shirts in the storeroom for the 7 months it took Lake Charles to rebuild.

https://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2020/10/if-you-were-wondering.html

My blog friends send money to my PayPal account to help me financially and keep Midnight in Vet Prison for 7 months.

Then, last Halloween, I had a massive heart attack! Ouch!!

So I have to work to pay $1200 for heart and diabetes medicines. Double ouch!!

I have been trying to finish my Magnum opus (101K so far) which may be my last novel -- to make it my best.

A combo of GREAT EXPECTATIONS, FRINGE, and BAND OF BROTHERS. 

Anyway, my friends, that is why I haven't been visiting you.

And if you don't visit, you can't very well expect visitors, right?

Say a prayer for Misky, will you, for being such a good friend?

Oh, and visit her blog too:

https://misky.uk/

She is a fine poet and great AI artist. Visit. You'll see.

5 comments:

  1. And long may my very good friend, Roland, be with us. I so enjoy every single night, reading the next instalment of your series. I’ve become very fond of Richard, a credit to your talent and writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard thanks you very humbly. Most that like him want him as an hors d'oeuvre!

      Thanks for liking my series. I enjoy writing it for my friend. :-)

      You might enjoy the misadventures of Victor Standish whose origin begins in my homage to Ray Bradbury's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES:

      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0169K0XME

      May today bring only happy surprises.

      Delete
    2. I have THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH. I think that that’s the first on that series, I hope.

      Delete
    3. CARNIVAL OF THE DAMNED is actually Book 0 of the series -- but LEGEND is Book ! so is a good starting off point, :-)

      Delete