FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, January 12, 2015

DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN


But first:

Alex Cavanaugh
http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/2015/01/what-are-kargrandes-plus-ignore-captcha.html

Dragon of the Stars is now available for preorder on Amazon! 

It will soon be available for pre-order at other book sites.

Alex has a new site to tweak interest in his soon to be released DRAGON OF THE STARS.


Go visit it.  It's cool!

Which brings me to ...

DON'T YOU HATE WHEN ...

You have an idea only to find someone has had it before or right as you do?


I thought about starting a new blog for my own soon-to-be-released book, 

RETURN OF THE LAST SHAMAN.

The first post went up today as well and then I visited Alex's blog.  

But I am not a copycat, so that will be my only post on it.  Sigh.

Then, there's 


I have been a fan of THE WAR OF THE WORLDS ever since the LEAGUE OF FIVE days.

I even wrote a flash fiction of the WAR happening in America during the civil war.

A rag-tag group of Union soldiers and their eagle mascot, Old Abe:


That was in July of last year.  Audible last month gave THE WAR OF THE WORLDS: the global dispatches as their Daily Deal.

I groaned.  

I had been working on a novel of Samuel McCord, Nikola Tesla,  Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, 

and the rest of McCord's unique band, fighting the invading Martians.

I downloaded the Daily Deal, of course.

What a feast! 

 It was great, despite it meaning I could not go on with my novel.

In the spirit of H.G. Wells's classic tale of Martian invasion this anthology presents 

some of today's leading authors' own renditions of the Martian invasion 

as it might have been seen through the eyes of such notables

 as Gandhi, Kipling with Kim and Mowgli fight Martians in India, 

(you will be interested in how Gandhi, proponent of non-violence "fought")

Leo Tolstoy in Russia,

Henry James teamed with H.G. Wells in London, 

Jules Verne and Pablo Picasso in Paris.

There were many more:

a Texas sheriff and his deputies, John Carter of Mars, Teddy Roosevelt, and Winston Churchill.

If you can afford it, give yourself a real treat and download the audio of it.



9 comments:

  1. Most of my ideas are just recycled from previous encounters I've had.
    I do like anything that McCord is apart of! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd still read it, Roland!
    Thanks for the mention. You should still go forward with that blog though. My Kargrandes website is just one page that will change in the weeks leading up to the release. I think they'll be very different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAVID:
    Have you read THE STARS BLEED AT MIDNIGHT yet? If my bank had not been tardy in sending me my new debit card, I would send it to you.

    I think my novel would be sufficiently different. But I hate for anyone to think me a copycat.

    ALEX:
    Thanks, old friend.

    All right, I will go forward with the blog. Cross your fingers for me on RETURN will you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck.
    And yes, you and Alex have a very different style. I don't think your work could be confused with his - and it ISN'T derivative.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elephant's Child:
    Have fun. I think many of us, struggling writers forget to have fun along the path towards our dreams. Sad, huh?

    BY THE WAY, EVERYONE, I WORKED 16 HOURS STRAIGHT YESTERDAY, DRIVING OVER 500 MILES WHICH KEPT ME FROM THE INTERNET UNTIL LATE TONIGHT. SORRY, :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder though if there's any such thing as an unthought-of idea these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found there are NO new ideas. In fact, I have this reaaaaaaaaaaaally old manuscript that I wrote probably in the 90's that is exactly the same idea as the song, Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood. Of course I had made a short story out of it, so there is more, but I couldn't believe it when I first heard the song.

    YES start the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KEITH:
    According to the scholarly literary expert, Harold Bloom, there isn't. To him, we all steal from Shakespeare!

    Teresa:
    Thanks for the support. It means a lot. I guess you should take heart that another creative writer wrote a song similar to your earlier idea. It still smarts though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is sometimes said there are no no ideas, only different ways to share them.

    ReplyDelete