FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN and my birthday!


Victor Standish's latest novel can be purchased in Kindle format here


 Victor Standish: 
Urban Legend, Abandoned Child, Mocker of Monsters:
 
“I learned to walk on cat-feet by living on the streets of too many hard cities for six years … since I was seven. 

I know why dogs howl at the dark and why cats prick up their ears after midnight.

All too often I hear the beating of black wings and the scratching of half-seen shapes on the pavement hidden by shadow. 

I have always known I am an outsider, a stranger no matter where I roam among those who are still men.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that most don’t suspect,

 and once in a while a wandering stray calls them just within range. And yes, all too often I am that stray.”

 
* Follow Victor as he scurries down the garbage-strewn streets of a lifeless Detroit, 

hiding from and fighting against the hungry dead reanimated by his strange mother.

 
* Watch him fight for his life in a ramshackle New York country estate against the alien spawn who fell from the stars a century ago.

 
* See Victor contend against nightmares in a carnival of the damned - 

Meet with him:

Princess Shert Nebti, the living mummy child, 

(Whom his father, Samuel McCord, fought in 1895 Egypt!)

Shiver Phoenix, the enticing girl who hides a terrible secret under the black glove she never removes,

Azizza, the Snake Woman out of Time,

Simba, the caged panther whose dying brings freedom,

And Madera, the mysterious Fortune Teller whose trailer holds death and life.
 
Start the Road to Legend 

in CARNIVAL OF THE DAMNED

Book Zero in 

THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH

 I am much too shy to say it, but Victor says it for me:

"C'mon buy my book -- it would be a great birthday present to Roland!"

20 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get my first novella out for Halloween, but lagging with the edits. Congratulations to you!
    We share tomorrow as our birthday. Remember to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me and I'll do the same to you Roland! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 9th is my birthday, but we are both Librans! Yay!

      The great thing now is that there is no copyright royalties to pay for the tune HAPPY BIRTHDAY now. :-)

      My writing lately seems to be the biggest secret on the Net. Sigh. Consider yourself sung to right now. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you both. I hope that both of you get fulfilled dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Happy Un-Birthday to you as they say in ALICE IN WONDERLAND -- which this world increasingly feels like! If a few people buy my book -- that would make it a nice birthday. :-)

      Delete
  3. It's officially 1 hour into the 9th, while the shadows of night linger in darkness like no other.

    So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dear Roland. I hope all your days are blessed, joyful, full of laughter, and insight. Especially on this day.

    I'd love to see your Library these days, as well as the incredible collectibles, which has grounded you in Great Stories, and created an invisible link to the mediums that fly through the skies, like meteors hissing popping and changing colors. Burning bright into your artistic mind.......I wish You Peace, Happiness, Good Health, and Harmony. God Bless You My Friend.

    Whitman had to sale his books door to door. Dickinson wasn't know for decades beyond her life. Your on top of the crest of this technology era, where books become instantly downloaded. May this world of readers, find a magic moment come over them, and may they find your work, enabling (at least) 1,000 books be sold; on this special day....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I tried Whitman's approach, I'd have a lot of doors slammed in my face!

      May your own health ever improve. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Roland, you deserve accolades! I like the idea of Book Zero (a prequel, would you say?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a prequel -- it leads Victor into taking that fatal bus ride to New Orleans -- the book even has him visit the cursed Demeter in 1853!

      Delete
  5. Roland, Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful day. Congratulations on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cross your fingers for my release -- so far not a copy has sold. :-(

      Delete
  6. Hi Roland ... it's a good month - my mother was in a week or so ... and the beloved Lenny is probably nearly on the cusp. I hope you can have a peaceful and happy birthday - without encountering any hassles at all ... I shall be thinking of you ...

    Congratulations on all the work you're doing ... lots of sales I hope .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far not nary a sale. But I intend to enjoy this day! I;m glad to have shared your mother's birthday month. :-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday, Roland. AND Congratulations on this awesome new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. Leonora Roy did an awesome job on the cover, don't you think?

      Delete
  8. Have a great birthday with many sales. Perhaps your October birthday put you in touch with surreal.

    I have bought the book which easier on the eyes. Take care, I'll be back to blogging and posting positive reviews on Amazon and Good read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to your coming back to blogging soon . I hope you enjoyed the paperback. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday to you, Roland my dear! Of course I'll buy your new book and enjoy it. May your newest year of life bring you great and good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you enjoy it. The Chinese say we focus too much on one day and not enough on each day. :-) May each day bring you happy surprises.

      Delete