FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

WHEN YOU WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF...

... few take the time to read.





 Haven't you noticed that Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads is awash with frantic authors trying to get your attention?



Chrys Fey had an interesting post 

about easy ways to market without turning off everyone within your sphere of influence:

http://writewithfey.blogspot.com/2015/10/

One method that struck me as fascinating 

was to create snippets from your new book against the backdrop of images you own.

And since I would like all of you to Halloween treat yourself to my collection of short stories,

 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016JNFUAQ

 I followed Chrys' advice --



So?  

What do you think of my creative snippets to my latest book?  

Do they tease enough to arouse curiosity?

12 comments:

  1. I love them all Roland. But then You've held more than my curiosity over 18 years, and then some, no matter what the subject matter or story is/was....! Kudos...~~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robert. Has it been that long? It sometimes seems so short a season. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes, they do entice . . . a snippet is just enough stir my interest, Like teaser ads. A couple of the snippets in particular appeal to me: the 'House with a soul. . . ' and 'Memories whisper' . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that they worked. Chrys had a great idea, didn't she?

      Delete
  3. Hi Roland - well done ... Chrys' ideas were very simple, but so clever - and that's what we need to market our books ... good luck with using these creative skills.

    I particularly like the one which says "Houses do not have souls - they do" ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple and colorful is the key. I'm happy you liked those two. :-)

      Delete
  4. It's a great idea, simple but give a nice visual--which we all love, with a tidbit. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as you can see, Holly, I was quite taken with it! :-) I've missed you.

      Delete
  5. Excellent, Roland! Houses not having souls is terrific and Memories whisper is definitely stirring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome. The quotes are absolutely tantalizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me happy to hear you say that -- or read that actually. :-)

      Delete