FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, March 11, 2019

ALEX ROSS_Brushstrokes of Life



In Kingdom Come, Alex Ross breathed life in a graphic novel which

depicted an older Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman

facing a future where heroism has gone darkly, violently wrong.

It presents a world much like our own today which seems to be spinning inexorably out of control.

 Ross’ painted, hyper-realistic visuals may be the most awe-inspiring in modern comics.

Like to see more of his artwork?


Take a look into the artist's 
mind, studio, childhood, and passions:


Alex Ross is even in 
the Norman Rockwell Museum.


In his words:

"There is always something to learn from the past if you only open your mind to look at it." 

Do you have a favorite artist, 
traditional or comic?

6 comments:

  1. Norman Rockwell Museum - impressive.
    As a kid, I was really into Boris Vallejo and Frank Frazetta artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Frank Frazetta man myself! :-) John William Waterhouse is a favorite traditional artist of the pre-Raphaelite period. His Ariadne gave rise to my Caretaker tale of her ultimate fate https://www.wikiart.org/en/john-william-waterhouse/ariadne-1898

      Delete
  2. All day yesterday, I was in my past due to a letter from 1971 that I decided to read again. So your quote above is timely for me. I do have a favorite artist, but now his name escapes me. Old age, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it is not old age. It is just information overload from all you've experienced. :-) I suffer from that, too!

      Delete
  3. I owe a ton of gratitude and respect to you brother.
    If not for you I would of had no clue who Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and a few other great writers and artists were.

    By doing so, you provided comfort and relief to/for me, during a very trying turbulent time.
    Plus your brotherly friendship was a blessing I needed more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robert. You were a blessing to me, too. I seldom visit FB, but I know your wife is ill. I am praying for her ... and you, of course.

      Delete