FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

BOOK TITLES_Do You Fret Over Them?


I have unintentionally stumbled 
into writing what I call the 
DARK HOLLYWOOD CYCLE

Silhouettes in the Key of Scream
Perchance to Nightmare
Beware the Jade Christmas
and
Razor Valentine





 Although I didn't realize it at the time:

It started in 1927 with Her Bones Are In the Badlands: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPFOJNO




But the majority of it really begins in 1946 and so far into 1947.

Did you know that a hurricane hit New Orleans in 1947?  

A time when hurricanes were not named.

Which led me to toy with a movie being made in the city during that time.

Hence


That story may yet be written.  However, my muse threw me a curve ball.

The novel insisted upon bringing in the Hollywood Blacklisting which started in 1947

and

 J. Edgar Hoover conning Jimmy Stewart into informing on his friends 

for the House of UnAmerican Activity Committee with lies.

Hence



A nightmare gave me a new start to my gestating novel:

A diary entry from the protagonist's dead love who had been drawn into a policewoman's body.

She is accompanying James Stewart to meet Hoover. 

Ingrid Durtz hasn't flown since the flight over enemy lines which ended in her death.

The diary excerpt is a recollection of that flight and the compassionate response by Jimmy Stewart.

The following chapter follows the protagonist as he is once again drawn back into the murky arena of espionage

as he helps Wild Bill Donovan former Head of the O.S.S. during WWII

in investigating the eerie mystery of the Ship of Dead Men, 

the Ouran Medan.

Again a new Title
came to me

I might even keep this one!


Do you fret over
your book's title?

2 comments:

  1. I only came up with two of mine, so I guess picking the best one is an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was with Hemingway and Fitzgerald, too. So you and I are in good company, right?:-)

      Delete