FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, April 8, 2023

A 2ND APRIL FOOL'S DAY?

 


At work today, I was told that this month
has 2 April Fool's Days:
the second?

Easter 

It was meant to hurt but it
only saddened me ...
for the person speaking.

I am used to being mocked for my faith,

for being interrupted at my
solitary restaurant table
for daring to say a silent prayer of
thanks for my food in public.



But Christians have a long history 
of being called fools.


From the Pharisees to 
sophisticated modern thinkers,
 the thought of there being 
an actual resurrection is mocked.


From Cadbury to Store windows, 
Easter Bunnies are all the rage.

Jesus is tastefully left out of sight.


More people believe in the paranormal 
 than they do in a personal God.


Many feel it is foolishness to believe in God.

I can understand that --

On the surface it seems foolish 
to meet hate with love

to feel there is a caring God
after Covid 19 and hurricanes,

to think life can spring from death.


But isn't that what happens
when crushed wheat 
is buried in the earth?


 The true spirit of Christ's teachings
is bruised but not gone.


Still, Easter holds a message for us all, 
religious or not.

It is a message of 
hope and reconciliation.


Even when met with 
mocking and hostility,
Love offers us 
Life after Death,

More than that:
a possibility of forgiveness 
and
a fresh start.

HAPPY EASTER
MY FRIENDS

After my home burned,
this song helped keep me going: 

1 comment:

  1. It took a while but I found your A so I can read from the beginning. Thanks for your comment on I for Impressions of Provence.

    ReplyDelete