FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

NOIR-vember: THE CREATIVE PROCESS

 

Authors get their ideas everywhere. 

Newspapers, TV, movies, other books, overheard conversations, dreams, nightmares, people we've met, loved, hated, been married to. 

And sometimes we have no idea how we got an idea!




As I posted chapters of my SAME AS IT NEVER WAS on this blog, 

I could hear the ghost of Harlan Ellison screaming into my ear: 


Hear Neil Gaiman's response:


I was browsing for books to read for research on my sequel to 

SAME AS IT NEVER WAS: OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WORLDS ...

And an AH, HA! moment:

Occurred to me!

A whole new section of my fantasy came to me, and it seemed to flow right out of the end of my book.

People who do not read this post will think this series of events had been in my mind from the very start.

Where do your ideas come from, my friends?

2 comments:

  1. I love Clair de Lune. Are we to receive another chapter to chapter story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is in the works ... but now, I am trying to garner reviews and interest
      in my latest. My supervisor says I am not getting many buys or reviews because I gave so much of my book away!

      I hear the ghost of Harlan agreeing. :-)

      Delete