FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, November 13, 2023

NOIR-vember: THE STARS BY WHICH WE CHART OUR BOOKS HAVE CHANGED


 Scientists believe it was a swarm of multiple asteroids hitting the earth that killed the dinosaurs.

Are we authors the new dinosaurs?

or the new Argonauts,

charting our voyage by old star charts?


The times they are a'changing. Remember Keywords?

The keywords you use in the marketing of your book are significant factors in how Amazon's algorithms rank it in search results, right?

WRONG.

The stars you see in your sky are not the ones the dinosaurs saw when their world came to an end.

Blame the flood of low content books and AI written books swamping the market.

Amazon doesn't want unhappy customers who buy a book with a different cover only to find an old one looking back at them ...

or worse an unentertaining one.


What to do?

Be different. Put out quality, high content books.

How?

Great covers. Enticing interiors with illustrations.

Absorbing stories.

At a loss on how to do covers, illustrations, or even how to write well?


Hire Professionals

THE URBAN WRITERS: 

FIVERR: 

I don't use them, mind you. All my mistakes are my own!

Amazon has changed from a SEO algorithm to a Performance Based Algorithm.

Keyword ranking is a lot weaker now thanks to those scammers who want to ride the coattails of winning keywords 

without putting in the effort of doing the work.

Amazon wants to see performance before they show your book to potential readers ...

That means 30 positive reviews in 3o days!

How am I going to get 30 with my new book?


Now, the doctors tell me this could be my last book, so I would like to go out with a bang.

If any of you would take a look at the pdf of my

book and review it, I would deeply appreciate it!

And then, there is the specter of Artificial Intelligence.

In the last 2 months, Amazon wants you to list if your book is AI generated or AI assisted. 

If you have an AI generated image in your book but the words are all yours ...

then, your book is AI assisted.

You really do not want Amazon to wrench your book off their site!


6 comments:

  1. Every day, it becomes more challenging for authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Actually, Misky, since you've read most of the chapters of my book already, you would not need to see the PDF of it ... just wait until it is published on Amazon. :-)

      Delete
  3. Brilliantly expressed! Your post is a standout, offering insightful perspectives. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is gracious of you to say, I was merely trying to pass on what I had just discovered.

      Delete