FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, November 26, 2023

NOIR-vember: PROMOTE YOUR BOOK IN THE NEWS!

 


Get an entire article about you and your book on major news sites: 

Yahoo, Fox, ABC ... even THE VIEW!

Click to see if you qualify!!


Let me save you the trouble ...

Do you have money?

Are you desperate?

Are you stupid?

YES!

You qualify.


That site gets an impressed tip of my Stetson, for it is one of the more clever phishing ploys I've seen in a while!

You want your book in the news?

1 -- Write something newsworthy

2 -- Not easy in this MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING world.

3 -- Have Taylor Swift write a new song: "Roland's too ugly to miss ... but my aim's improving."


WANT TO WRITE A BESTSELLER?

1 -- GET NOTICED
       But not in a way that will mean you have to make bail!

       WORD OF MOUTH --

        Tilt expectations on their ears. 

        Make Robin Hood the villain preying on the poor; 

        the Sheriff of Nottingham the hero, trying to keep King John from laying waste to Sherwood Forest in retaliation for Robin stealing the taxes.


Which is what I do in my latest, SAME AS IT NEVER WAS. 

On the centennial of Eisenhower's birthday, I make him King Saul to my hero's young David.

Will it work? Beats me. 
Which leads me to the next approach.


I call it the TONY DANZA WAY ...

As a struggling boxer, he auditioned for THE WARRIORS. 

The agent was ho-hum about how touch he could portray.

Tony told him he was fighting at the Garden that night -- come see how tough he was.

Tony thought he'd blown the audition. He fought a vicious boxer that night.

Knocked down three times, the mat hitting his face like concrete, he got up each time.

He might be knocked out, but he would not give up.

He threw up his arms that last round, blocking the blows with his arms, 

waiting for the man to pause, then throwing out a punch.

The blows seemed to go on for hours.

He threw out his last punch, feeling he didn't have another left in him.

The blows to his thrown-up arms never came.

He carefully opened his arms ... to see in astonishment the other boxer knocked out on the mat.

Back in the locker room, Tony looked up to see the casting director walk in and say,

"That was the best audition I ever saw."

You just never know.
Keep on swinging, my friends.


3 comments:

  1. LOL! "Roland's too ugly to miss ... but my aim's improving."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! It was written just as I got up. My fingers mutinied on me! I meant to write: "Now, if Taylor Swift will only write that song, my fame is assured!" :-)

    ReplyDelete