FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, January 12, 2012

VICTOR STANDISH AS INDIANA JONES

Elliot Grace has just "graced" Victor Standish with a great shout-out,

plus announcing a few other interesting items :

such as his SOUTH OF CHARM Kindle edition is now ONLY $2.99. How cool is that?

Buy a copy for a gift to a friend. I know I am.

http://elliot-grace.blogspot.com/


























Braine at TALK SUPE has done a marvelous review of THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH :

http://talksupe.blogspot.com/2012/01/legend-of-victor-standish.html

The Legend of Victor Standish is like a talent show of sorts in the sense that there is a smorgasboard of [in]famous characters that joined the action from Abigail Adams to Harry Houdini among others.

I'm assuming that these characters are Roland's favorites and/or have fascinated him at some point. Reading his interpretation of these departed historical figures sure was fun.

It's non-stop action, no dull moments and Victor is a perfect hero.

He's alone, almost an orphan, melleable but at the same time resilient. I found it funny that Victor unexpectedly fell inlove with Alice Wentworth, a ghoul, on their first meeting in Marie Laveau's crypt.

I was telling myself "this is madness!' the entire time the scene was unfolding. Their love story is far from the depressing YA-inlove-with-the-undead-read.

I found myself LOL at their adventures together and Alice being a Victorian lady, delivered the drama if you're into that stuff.

The story is fresh and it's fun to read a story from a guy's perspective.

It doesn't have the melodramatic stamp that seems to be a standard on most books written by female authors and that certainly worked on Mr. Yeomans favor.

Read her other excellent review of THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/LEGEND-VICTOR-STANDISH-ebook/product-reviews/B005NCUTAG/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R32ESUC3ASAJHU

8 comments:

  1. Let's try this again. This looks like a fun read and I'll be looking for this on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! This sounds OFF DA CHAIN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tackle it soon! Congratulations on the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you so much sir! I'm glad you liked the review. We'll help you get Victor on the top spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Heather :
    I hope Victor gives you some smiles and laughter. Let me know what you think of it.

    T.D. :
    I think you'll like Victor's attitude toward all the craziness in the haunted French Quarter. Thank you for picking it up.

    Alex :
    Thank you for your constant support. Victor would get a swell head, but Alice finds ways of keeping him humble!!

    Braine :
    I have been really burning the night roads as a blood courier so I am not as on top of things as I would wish. I really did like the review. Victor sends a wink your way -- and skipping back from a jealous Alice. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...just read the review. Congrats, Roland!

    You're most deserving of the praise ;)

    From one writer to another, I do believe that Victor may in fact be your best creation thus far.

    Enjoy your weekend,

    El

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Elliot :
    Wasn't Braine's review outstanding? That you think Victor might be my best creation yet means a great deal to me.

    It has also given Victor a swell head! Alice is threatening to deflate it the ghoul way. Ouch!

    If you have the time, check back tomorrow for an all-new Alice & Victor adventure :

    It is New Year's Eve in the darkened mansion of a dying Romanian crime lord. The ritual of the masks (an actual ancient Romanian tradition) is underway -- and revenge is waiting in the hungry shadows. Brrr. The shivers will NOT be from the cold. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool review Roland. Congrats on the praise.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete