FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Sunday, January 8, 2012

THIS LAST MEETING WITH THEE

LAST EXIT TO BABYLON :

{100% of the royalties for this book are going to The Salvation Army.}

Ernest Hemingway said the secret to great writing

was to transform poetry into prose while preserving its essence.

In LAST EXIT TO BABYLON, at the dawn of the End of All Things, there is no hope ... but love.

Blake Adamson wanders lost through the Mists of Oblivion when he hears one of the two strange women he loves, Kirika Amaratsu,

who chose death for herself to spare Blake. She is singing :

“My black hair tangled,
As my own tangled thoughts,
I lie here alone,
Dreaming of one who has gone,
Who stroked my hair til it shone.”

She is dissolving into the River Lethe, her fingers melting into the rippling currents as she continues to sob more than sing,

“If we could meet but once more,
Thy soul with mine.
Softly, I would whisper in thy ear
These words to thee :
I am dying, love, dying for thee.”

Blake startles her into pulling back her hand from the draining river, saving her life, and Kirika husks,

"Soon I shall cease to be.
When I am beyond this world,
And I have forgotten it,
Let me remember only this :
This last meeting with thee."

A bit of poetry to hopefully make better your day, following Mr. Hemingway's advise in my own way.
***
There IS magic out there. But sometimes magic KILLS :

11 comments:

  1. Nice flow!
    My prose is definitely not poetry in motion. Maybe if poetry held still...
    Cover art for this one is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland, I so need to catch up on all your books. I am reading The Legend of Victor Standish right now. It pulled me in right away. This one sounds wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poetry is as beautiful as the cover Roland.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover, and the poetry was wizard. Thanks for sharing these and passing on the Hemingway tidbit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty good cause there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome thing to donate the proceeds that way. And the poetry has such beautiful flow. I think you took Mr. Hemingway's advice perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex :
    Your prose does flow ... more in line with Robert Heinlein or Brian Daley. Great stuff. Isn't Leonora Roy's cover outstanding? I am blessed she agreed to be the artist for this one! Have a great week, Roland

    Susan :
    I'm glad VICTOR STANDISH pulled you right in. He is a scamp all right. His love for the Victorian ghoul, Alice Wentworth, has been fun to write. Roland

    Donna :
    I tried to make the poetry fit the tragic personality of Kirika. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Leonora Roy is a hugely gifted artist, isn't she?

    Jenna :
    Kirika is pleased you think her poetry wizard. As a former Empress, she does have her moments! The cover is of the Last Fae, Fallen, who is the other half of poor Blake's tortured heart. I cannot sing Leonora's praise enough. It truly pleases me that you enjoy her art!

    DWei :
    Yes, The Salvation Army were heroes during and after Hurricane Katrina.

    Talon :
    The Salvation Army was there for me on the mean streets of Detroit when I was an abandoned boy of six. I always try to have their back in some way.

    I really am heartened that you enjoyed my poetry. The ghost of Ernest Hemingway muttered, "Not bad, kid." The most I ever get from him! Your own blog is lovely, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cover! That chick is totally badass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah :
    Yes, Leonora did a fantastic job. And Fallen is, indeed, BA! In the middle of LAST EXIT TO BABYLON, she narrates her battle in a night club of the damned -- where any of the damned there may win their freedom if they but slay her. But she is a fallen angel. Her epic fight takes up three whole chapters. I think you would enjoy them, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Yeomans....
    It is YOU my friend that has the interesting Blog!
    I post Bullshit and Buffoonery.
    You are like a Vegas production!
    Top Notch stuff. I love The Crescent City. Thanks for stopping by, I needed a..Lake Charles Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, G-Man :
    You also have an interesting blog. Yes, the Crescent City does have its moments! And I am happy to be your Lake Charles connection. Alas, I have to go back out into the blinding rain to bring rare blood to rural hospitals. Brrrr. Please come back again, Roland

    ReplyDelete