FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Friday, July 1, 2016

LIFE

Are you like me?

Dissatisfied with what TV has to offer me in summer, 

I take to watching my old DVD's of shows I loved but died too soon.

LIFE (2007 & 2008) 

was an intelligent, riveting show.  

It has been long enough since I last watched the episodes that I am now enjoying them anew.

Damien Lewis plays Charlie Crews, an L.A. cop who spent 12 years in jail for a murder he didn’t commit. 

Now exonerated and with a handsome settlement, 

Charlie opts to return to his beat, even though he could retire on his new wealth. 

The premise of Life is that prison changed Charlie profoundly; 

he maintained his sanity by adopting a state of Zen calm and philosophical quizzicality. 

These new skills now help him solve crimes. 

 He tells suspects, ”I hate cops too” — 

and many of his fellow officers, who don’t buy his DNA-evidence pardon, hate him, too.

As suspected by those who framed him in the police department, 

Charlie is piecing together the mystery of who did kill his best friend, his wife, and one child.  

Episode by episode he gets closer and closer either to the truth or a bullet in the chest.

Do you re-watch favorite TV shows or movies when nothing new appeals to you?

12 comments:

  1. I just watched that whole series! It was great plus I just love Adam Arkin. I always thought Damian Lewis was so strange but it worked for him in this. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting Season 2 now. Adam Arkin was fine in this! I hated when he played a villain in Justified. We seem to have similar tastes in this! :-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I didn't care for his role in justified but he was a great villain in SOA!!!

      Delete
  2. We unplugged our TV years ago, so I rely on streaming of shows I enjoy from Amazon or Netflix. I haven't heard of Life. Will add to my list. Thanks, Roland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, I think you will like it. It may be on Netflix. I know it is on Amazon instant video.

      PERSON OF INTEREST is on Netflix. I think you might like it since it is well-written.

      Delete
    2. We were totally fascinated by Life, but then it was hard to find. Netflix, you say?

      Delete
    3. Amazon Instant Video I know for sure. PERSON OF INTEREST is on Netflix.

      Delete
    4. I don't do TV either but it is on Netflix steaming.

      Delete
  3. I've never been a big television fan. I have a few shows I follow. Saturday Night Live is my favorite which shows my preference in tv. I would check out your show; but, I doubt I ever get around to watching too much television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their own preference. :-) Laughter is always good ... and healing. :-)

      Delete
  4. I try to look for new things to watch. With streaming, I can now pick up shows that I missed. I'm in the middle of catching up on a show right now. (Well, not *right now* as I'm reading your blog, but when I'm watching TV...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LIFE is on Netflix if you have it. I heartily recommend it. :-)

      Delete