FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

3 REASONS TO LISTEN TO END OF DAYS

 
1.) THREE GREAT PRIZES!
 
When 10 honest reviews are posted
for END OF DAYS audiobook,
 
I will draw for STEPHEN KING's AUTOGRAPH
on 1st edition of ROSE MADDER!
 
and
 
SEVEN autographs from Iron Man I!!


and
 

 
THREE OUT OF TEN WILL WIN GREAT PRIZES!
HOW NEAT IS THAT?
 
2.) YOU WILL GET TO SAY ...
 
 
 
To all those who say, "Listening to audiobooks is cheating."
 
Say what?  Is there a test after you read each book?
 
Do you read merely to plaser another title in your list on Goodreads?
 
A praised literary critic, Harold Bloom, claims it.  Sad.
 
Here is a man who has clearly never listened to a campfire story in the hush of night ....

 All apologies to Mr. Bloom, the spoken word is the acid test. They don't call it storytelling for nothing.

Which leads to the third reason:

3.) FRANCENE LOCKETT -
 

 

Get this audiobook for:
  • What is Membership?
    • 1 book of your choice per month
    • Free for the first 30 days and $14.95/month thereafter
    • Cancel anytime
 
She is busily at work on UNDER A VOODOO MOON, and soon I will post an in-depth interview with her.

Because of her skill, within a few sentences, the Victorian ghoul, Alice Wentworth, comes to life for you.

The Mystery is more mysterious, the thrills more thrilling, and the comedy is funnier because the voice and timing is just right.

Her sound effects lend realism to the tale.

Her Maxine, the Goblin Princess, will break your heart.

And The Turquoise Woman's voice will have your shivers getting goosebumps.

Francene doesn't tell the tale.  She acts it.  Even Victor and Samuel come to life under her skillful portrayal ...

which is why I chose her to do UNDER A VOODOO MOON.

For D.G. Hudson a Parisian Fantasy that sparkles in obscurity:

7 comments:

  1. The interview with her will be interesting.
    And that wouldn't be fair if there was a test after reading or listening to a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex:
    Yes, I am looking forward to it. Francene is working up her courage to visit Meilori's.

    And the only real test for a book is the answer to DID YOU ENJOY IT? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see my books on audio, a friend has been asking for awhile but money - well isn't it always about the money!
    I used to listen to audio books during a long commute - loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yolanda:
    With ACX and its Royalty Share Plan, it costs you nothing up front to make an audiobook with certain voice actors. Look into it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pour moi? Merci! (the trailer)

    Is that for real, I liked it! I'm feeling very down today, and seeing that on your blog at the end cheered me. Thanks.

    (I know exactly how she feels when she rolls her eyes. A woman after my own heart.)

    BTW - I can't believe that guy (the critic) said listening to an audiobook is cheating. You have to pay more attention when you rely on ears alone. He's one opinion, slightly jaded, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. D.G.:
    Yes, just for you. And yes, it is a real movie -- I bought it today at Wal-Mart for just $9.95. The dubbing takes a few minutes to get used to but perhaps they have original dialogue with subtitles -- I didn't check.

    I'm sorry you're down today. I wish you cheerier skies and happier times.

    I enjoyed Adele's adventures. They were light, fun, and wondrous.

    Harold Bloom has some strong opinions -- I read a few of his books. GENIUS is my favorite of his. He talks of genius in literary history of course.

    He's been a figure in literary criticism for decades -- and I feel he is a bit stodgy! :-)

    I hope you can find Adele's DVD in Canada -- it may even be in its original French. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful. Sadly, though, I struggle to listen to audio books. Tried to, but it just clashes the the voice I have in my head.

    Crazy, I know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete