FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for BREATHE


“It's all a matter of paying attention, 
being awake in the present moment, 
and not expecting a huge payoff. 
The magic in this world seems to work
 in whispers and small kindnesses.”
 - Charles de Lint


Do you BREATHE life, 
or do you snorkel 
under its surface?

Your nose to the grindstone, a baby on your hip, and your butt in a crack is a terrible way to live, 

but many live that way every day.

All of us have tasks we must perform each day.  That is a fact.  

Yet it is also a fact that a moment taken to be aware of your surroundings is healing.

Psychologists have found that people are distracted from the task at hand nearly half the time, 

and this focusing on the past, future, or what if's  consistently makes them less happy.

Now, living for the moment is a recipe for disaster, but living IN the moment adds depth to each second.

Worry never solved one problem, but has blinded many to the beauty and love right before them.

We tend to spend so much time replaying past moments or planning too much for the future,

that we miss out on the great moments that are unveiling right before us.

 This is sad because we have no idea how many more moments we will be fortunate enough to experience.

How do you think each of us can become more in the moment? 
 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Roland ... we are breathing as we live, and live as we breathe - we just need to remember to realise it is life ... B is definitely for Breathing ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of just endure ... sometimes for tragic reasons -- but each breath is a once in a lifetime event in a fashion, right? :-)

      Delete
  2. Just this morning, I looked out of our bedroom window to see the neighbours magnificent Cherry Tree in full bloom. I took time to soak in its splender as it won't be around for long. A lovely, inspiring post, Roland. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I envy you that sight. I have only read of cherry trees in full bloom. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'd rather enjoy everything else that's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now, living for the moment is a recipe for disaster, but living IN the moment adds depth to each second." Great line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, David. Sometimes I score a hit with my prose. :-)

      Delete
  5. Growing old has helped me to be in the moment. It's a beautiful thing, this blessing of growing old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are maturing not growing old -- at least that is my story, and I am sticking to it! :-)

      Delete
  6. I definitely wasn't in the moment today, but then I wasn't feeling so well and my brain was fuzzy. Ah well. I'm going to bed early tonight and hope that tomorrow I'm more alert and more appreciative of the present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept in late and promised myself I would go to bed early. Sigh. I should have known myself better!

      Speaking of better ... I hope you feel better tomorrow! :-)

      Delete

  7. Great work Roland Yeoman. It's great to see your mind at work, in the written word, of each single Letter of the Alphabet. Stunning, how you have grown, into who I always knew you were. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had the answer! But day by day, prayer by prayer!

    ReplyDelete