FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Saturday, April 8, 2017

G is for GHOSTS


"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."
 - Charles Dickens

Are Ghosts Real?


Well, there is as much evidence to support their existence 

as there exists evidence to support the existence of Black Holes.

Which is to say "Not Any."

People have claimed to have photographed, studied, and observed Black Holes ...

 but not under laboratory conditions ...

just like with ghosts.

It is very hard to prove something does NOT exist.

Beside, science is not gospel ... ah, aren't those two oxymorons?

I mean it was once science to bleed already weakened patients. 

 Science is basically just accepted opinion.

Experiments to prove a theory are prone to confirmation bias ... 

in that we see what tends to support our beliefs.

Then, there is Dr. Henry Stapp, a quantum physicist who worked with Heisenberg.

He postulated that the soul might be the quantum processing in our brains that produced consciousness ...

and after death, all that quantum processing was released into the world.

He thought it was possible that our consciousness could exist separately as a mental energy.

How might those "entities" exist in our physical world and could they manifest themselves under the right conditions?

Which leads to the "Stone Tape" theory ...

ghosts are merely echoes of those entities absorbed in the mason of walls 

by the mental energy created by traumatic events.

What do you think of all this?  
Do you believe ghosts are real?  
Could they possibly exist?

13 comments:

  1. I've never seen one, but like you say, how can we rule anything out? Our persona is often more powerful than our physical presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe you are right about the strength of presence.

      Delete
  2. Hi Roland - I suspect there are ghosts around us - I can't believe we're the only people here on earth ... I don't want to be surprised by one though ... and I'd go with Nick's comment - cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/g-is-for-goose-gobbling-or-otherwise.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We three believe the same? How neat is that? Life is more than what the eye can see I think. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm a believer -- but I can't prove it. ;-) I think our energy is left behind on anything we've touched, or places we've inhabited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally having experienced phenomena as in moving objects, smells that shouldn't exist at the time, and my very favorite a cold hand caressing my cheek, I pretty much think that there's something noncorporeal out there.

    So yep, Im in the ghosts can exist camp. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother was as well -- and because of a few experiences of my own, so am I. Cue the spooky music. :-)

      Delete
  5. The house I lived in when I was a child was haunted, so I believe they're real.

    "Science is basically just accepted opinion." That is such a true statement! Science is not fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is out there definitely. Brrr, Yes, a study of what passed for science in the past does reveal Science is basically just accepted opinion!

      Delete
  6. I'm skeptical, but then again, I try to keep an open mind. Plus, as you pointed out, it's difficult to prove that something doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science].

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't prove anything regarding ghosts, but I'm not going to deny any possibility either. There are times when I've felt a distinct presence and even thought I've seen "something" but the imagination can be a powerful thing. For me, the verdict is still being considered.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete