FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

C is for CHANGE


HOW MUCH CHANGE IS 
TOO MUCH?

It is easy to be overwhelmed by a storm of changes isn't it?

Too much input all at once can threaten to swallow a person.

Every encounter we have with life changes us. 

In the midst of this ongoing change, what does it take to receive ourselves with an open heart?

The person we spend the most time with is ourself. 

What we wish for ourselves plays out in every moment of our lives, 24/7 awake and asleep. 

Too much change disrupts our internal balance.  Too little stagnates our spirit.

 At what point are people so saturated with change that they can absorb no more?  

The question of change saturation is very real, so when you start to feel overwhelmed,

take small steps ... but make them forward ones.


Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, 

but anyone can start today and make a new ending. 


Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, 

frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… 

yet, some of those people survived.

Strive to be the next survivor.

How well do you 
deal with change?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - thankfully I'm quite good with change ... I need to be at the moment ... and I try and have a number of options available so alternatives available ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/c-is-for-cattle-and-cow-cooper.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning ahead is essential these days! Heading over to your blog now. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm horrible with change, unfortunately. I don't even like to re-arrange things at home or on my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is good, except for the changes that take us backward. That kind of change is very frightening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changes seem to go in pendulum sweeps. Right now it seems to be going backwards!

      Delete
  4. I do resent some changes, but nowhere near all. I mostly bemoan what I see as negative changes, like when so many people make grammatical errors, the dictionary eventually validates such goofs by imposing new rules that allow those mistakes. Examples? “Literally” can now mean either “literally” or “figuratively.” And “imply” and “infer” can be used interchangeably. “

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an former English teacher, I still cringe at grammatical errors. Still there are worse changes afoot these days!

      Delete
  5. I've had a lot of change in the last couple of years. It has made me look at priorities differently, it has also forced me to learn to do things I didn't before. Change can be invigorating, if it leaves us refreshed and hopeful. I live one day at a time when the change comes too fast or too much at once. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crises force us to grow better or bitter. You have grown better. I am proud of you, D.G. :-)

      Delete