FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for KARMA


“How people treat you is their karma; 
how you react is yours.”
- Wayne F. Dyer

 ***

"It would be nice to think that there is such a thing
as Karma,

that a louse is gonna come back as a fly
and eat shit,

or as a politician
and speak it." 
 - Groucho Marx

***

Is There Such A Thing
As Karma?

Does what goes around, come around?

It would be nice to think so.  But how to prove it?

Some people seem to get away with murder, both figuratively and literally.

Seem being the important word there. 

How do we know their internal lives?  

What would bring us contentment might only fan the flames of their insatiable hunger for more. 


In the movie, KEY LARGO, Humphrey Bogart tells Rocco the crime lord, Edward G. Robinson,

that he knows what the criminal wants.

"You want more, Rocco."

"Yeah, that's what I want.  More!"

"Will you ever get enough, Rocco?"

"No. No, I don't think I will."

And that, my friends, is what I think is the definition of Hell ... always hungry for more. 

 We Are The Hollow People

Each selfish act scoops out a portion of our souls.

Each act made against the inertia of self-interest builds us up. 

Sadly, most people are only as good as their opportunities to be bad without witnesses.

Yet, each act sculpts us in ways we do not understand until years after the fact.

I believe Karma is something we do to ourselves.

What Do You Believe About Karma?    

12 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - sometimes karma doesn't come easily - other times it appears without our really understanding why we are so calm at difficult times. It's something I try and add in to my life - which I've been better at since my mother was so ill - gave me more peace at challenging times ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/k-is-for-kashmiri-goat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right. Even if something bad doesn't seem to happen to them, it's still happening on the inside. And if not hell here, then it's always waiting for them in the afterlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolves tend to run with wolves, and in the end, they run afoul of the pack. :-( In my worldview, too, those who prey on others will find a not happy creator at their end of days.

      Delete
  3. Some people believe that we eventually get what we deserve in this life, others think we pay for our good or bad deeds in "the next life." I guess it partly depends on whether you believe in a next life or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that no matter what your worldview might be, cold, cruel people create for themselves a cold, cruel world in which they die unloved, unwanted, and unmourned -- pretty nasty Karma to me! :-)

      Delete
  4. I don't believe in Karma per se. But I do believe that we reap what we sow. Sometimes through fallout and consequences in this life and sometimes through punishment or lesser rewards in the next.

    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in a kind of karma in the long run, meaning in this life and the next, because in this life some people really can get away with murder and so won't suffer for their acts for some time.

    But I also like to think that when we deeply regret any harm or hurt we have done, it's all washed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about ALL washed away. You throw a ball of mud on a white barn, it may dry and fall off, but the stain remains. Good to see you here!

      Delete