FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, April 10, 2017

H is for HATE



“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
- Steve Martin


"Is Hate Ever Good?"

I have always thought that hating is like drinking rat poison and hoping the rat dies of it.

Doesn't the world seem to be drowning in a sea of hate sometimes?

Hate closes the curtains of the heart and mind, darkening the soul.

But can hate ever be a good thing?

Perhaps in terms of motivation ...

I hate to hurt others, so I practice compassion.

I hate to look in the mirror and see I have let myself go, so I exercise and eat less.

I hate grouchy people, so I strive not to be a grouch myself.

Swallowing Your Hate
Leads to Indigestion of the Soul

 Some mothers unwisely scold their children for expressing anger.

Anger is a normal response to frustration.

It is how we deal with hate and anger that makes all the difference in the world.

Unresolved anger turns inward, 

and you see the consequences in the hopeless eyes of the depressed in this world.

Forgiving yourself leads to forgiving others ...

and that leads to less sparks with those around you. 

Hate can be a powerful motivator or a destructive force.

It all depends on how we deal with it.

Do You Think That Hate 
Can Ever Be A Good Thing?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Roland - Hate is not a good thing and it's better not to use the word .. though most of probably do on odd occasions. Turn the thoughts round and just don't even consider hate at all in one's life - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate burns in too many eyes and hearts -- you're right. :-)

      Delete
  2. Forgot the link - bad me ...
    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/h-is-for-horse.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a time when hate has served me to any benefit. Hate consumes one's self and interferes with getting other things done. I'm often tempted to hate and sometimes hover on the edge of hating, but there are so many other things I need to do beside get engrossed in active hate.

    Of course, the hate you've described can be a constructive thing. I can feel it momentarily, but I don't want to think of any kind of hate for too long.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate lurks in the shadows of our psyche. I think we must learn to accept it is there and move on as you say. :-)

      Delete
  4. I can't remember hating anything for a very long time, maybe since back in the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the best of us learn wisdom as we grow older? :-)

      Delete
  5. Hate makes no sense and is a destroyer! The emotional toll too great! Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Because many have never grown up enough to see beyond themselves to see it is not all about them. :-(

      Delete